Dev Update - Vampire NEXUS Early Access

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I have spoken to the Vampire character tools in the Dev Update streams recently, but that doesn’t always make it to these written summaries.

I’ll cross-post the response I gave a couple of weeks ago in the forums to the question (and nothing has changed from this update since then):

Our target for character tools for Vampire NEXUS has indeed been the first half of this year. As I have shared in recent Dev Update streams, we have made progress on the characters part of the platform itself (piloting right now with Pathfinder’s Closed Alpha, but that work also applies to Vampire since it’s all part of the same platform). Vampire and Avatar Legends are the other two games we are working on, and getting all the specific mechanics in for all three of those games is going on in parallel at this point.

We might not hit the first half of the year, but we’re going to be close - unless a black hole sun takes us all out or something, it will definitely be this year, and closer to the middle part of the year in the worst case.

We set out with this platform approach where while adding in the first game took many months, we would have scalability to be able to onboard other games like Vampire much quicker - our success depends on that since we have so many games we’re going to support. The good news is, as we have started working on Vampire and Avatar, our hypothesis about the increase in speed is proving true so far.

It’s always hard to nail down release dates in software development, but we are making noticeable progress behind the screen, and we are really excited for fans to get their hands on the character tools for Vampire - we’re very committed to making it worth the wait.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Alright, I see, so I shouldn’t be holding off on starting my story in anticipation of an imminent release then :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the reply!

Just wondering where we are with this release update, as we’re two months into the second half of the year now.
Having access to the digital resources is nice and all, but those of us who hopped on board early have really been hanging out for a full suite of tools to run games online.

1 Like

As I have shared in recent Dev Update streams and elsewhere, we are making great progress on the Vampire character tools. They will be here this fall, and there is what is becoming an annual event where big things happen for the World of Darkness that is a good bet for the launch.

2 Likes

What event is that? Halloween?

Yep, The Month of Darkness is what it is called. They usually do something everyday in
October.

Right, so we probably shouldn’t expect anything before October then. Good to know!

If we have already purchased the hardbacks from Renegade Games, can we get a credit toward a digital purchase on Demiplane?

At this time, there is no option to access a digital copy of your previously purchased Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition books. Our digital sourcebooks and toolset are a separate product and purchase from other versions of the books, and I hope you’ll try it out here as we’ve loved putting it into this format!

We do offer some titles in a hardcover + digital bundle that lets you purchase both versions in one easy transaction, and our hope is to do this for more titles going forward.

We do currently have our Month of Darkness sale which runs through the end of this month and will give you 20% individual Vampire titles when you use the code ‘WODTOBER23’ at checkout. Or another option is to take advantage of our Ultimate bundle, which gives you a 25% discount on all the books on the NEXUS if you buy them together in the bundle. :slight_smile: