ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS • Frequently Asked Questions

Hello and welcome to our list of Frequently Asked Questions for ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS. My name is Mellie, and I’m the Director of Community & Content here at Demiplane.

Here you’ll find answers to your questions about the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS and how to get started. If you have any questions that you can’t find the answer to below, please feel welcome to ask by replying to this thread. Thank you for joining us - we’re excited to be your official digital companion!

General Questions

What is ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS?

ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS is an official digital toolset for Free League’s ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game. There you can read the digital rulebooks in our Digital Reader, as well as a companion digital toolset that includes a Game Compendium that contains all of the Careers, Alien Species, Spacecrafts, and more to make playing and running the game easier than ever.

Is ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS affiliated with Free League?

Yes! We have officially partnered with Free League to provide digital tools for playing ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game.

What is Demiplane?

Demiplane is the place for digital tools, content, and services to discover, prepare, and play all your favorite tabletop roleplaying games. Demiplane empowers tabletop roleplaying game fans to make every game better by providing high-quality digital tools that support in-person and virtual play. On Demiplane, TTRPG enthusiasts access tools to discover new games, new players, form groups and enhance the ways games can be played, shared, and explored.

What is a tabletop roleplaying game?

A tabletop roleplaying game is an interactive storytelling game and experience for a group of players, one of whom takes on the role of Game Master (referred to as the Game Mother in ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game). The Game Mother directs the gameplay, and each other player assumes the role of a character within the fictional setting described by the game and the Game Mother. The Game Mother describes the setting and the scenario and the players describe the actions that their characters take in response. Through this process, players navigate a multi-faceted, dynamic story.

What is a digital toolset?

A digital toolset is a term we use to describe the comprehensive set of features that you’ll have access to through ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS. Our digital toolset includes the core rulebook for the game, and will expand in the coming months to include all pre-released material. Released material is available in a Digital Reader and a fully-searchable Game Compendium, all of which is integrated with our Group Video Portals on Demiplane!

What is a digital sourcebook?

A digital sourcebook is a digital version of ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game that is also fully searchable online and comes with a digital toolkit! You can discover all of the available content here on ALIEN NEXUS.

Can I access the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS on mobile or tablet?

Yes! The ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS is available to use on desktop, tablet, and mobile browser screens.

Purchases

How do I access the digital sourcebooks I've purchased?

You can access digital sourcebooks directly through the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS.

Does the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS accept international payments?

Yes, we do!

Help! I purchased a digital book, but I can't access it. What do I do?

We’re sorry to hear that you cannot access your new book! Please reach out to our Support team and we will get that resolved for you as quickly as we can.

If I delete my ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS account, will I still have access to my digital sourcebooks?

Unfortunately if you delete your account you will no longer have access to any of the sources that were purchased with your account.

Can I get a refund?

Digital items are not returnable or refundable. See our Terms of Sale for the full details on making purchases on Demiplane.

If I purchase several books at once, is there a discount?

There is not currently a bundle offering for ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS. This may become available in the future to go along with additional book releases for this roleplaying game!

If I already own physical copies of ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game, can I get a discount or redeem a copy for free?

At this time there is no option to access a digital copy of your previously purchased ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game books.

Once I've purchased content on ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS, can I share it with my playgroup?

Here at Demiplane, we call the ability to share your books with those you game with ‘content sharing’. Content sharing is not yet available on Demiplane, but is planned for the near future and will include the ability to share your ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game books.

Support & Information

Where can I provide feedback or ask questions?

The best place to provide feedback or ask questions is here in our Forums! You can also contact our Support team, or visit us on our Discord.

Do I have to pay to use Demiplane?

Demiplane offers a variety of features that enhance your gameplay that are free to use. Matchmaking, video and voice, shared journaling, and other gamespace features remain free to use. ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS does not include any free books or content, but they can be integrated after purchase on the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS.

How / Where do I create a ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS account? Is it separate from my Demiplane account?

On Demiplane, you have one account to rule them all! Create a free account to access both ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS and Demiplane here.

How can I keep up to date on ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS news and releases?

Excellent question! You can keep up to date on the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS by following Demiplane here on our forums, on our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, by jumping directly into our Discord community, or by tuning into our weekly Dev Updates on Twitch. Don’t worry - we won’t be shy about sharing updates as soon as we can!

Characters

Does ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS help with character creation?

Yes! Character tools are available right now. Head to Alien NEXUS and choose the characters option from the navigation bar, or go directly to the Characters page on Demiplane to start your next character.

I'm playing a scenario, do I have to remake the character myself?

Nope! All of the pre-generated characters from the scenarios are available on Demiplane. You’ll find them pre-loaded with everything you need, including your starting agenda and any other special information you begin the game with.

Can I make my own custom ALIEN content?

Not yet. We are actively working on homebrew tools, which will allow for anyone to create their own content to use on their sheets.

Can I create characters for other people?

Yes! Once you’ve created your character you can click or tap on the menu icon by their name to open the management sidebar. Scroll down to the bottom for sharing options–a QR code or link. Make sure to set the privacy to your desired setting before sending it! Once a user opens a shared character, they can either browse it as a viewer, or create a copy onto their own account.

For more information about the ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game NEXUS, click here.

Didn’t find an answer to your question? Go ahead and ask them in this thread!

Thank you, and remember… If you see a xeno, you do one thing: run. You don’t stand a chance, you never did and you never will.

Mellie @ Demiplane

1 Like

Hi MellieDM, Any update on when we might see the Alien nexus get some updates. In particular the character creator for players. The new Building better worlds book would be of great interest too (I know, it’s not technically out yet so I’m jumping the gun a bit there).

It’d also be super handy to be able to hide the adventures that are part of the beginner\core books when you share them with your group. They need access to the gear, glas info etc but not the monsters and adventure.

Keen to start Alien soon with my long suffering 5e group and I was hoping the character generator might draw them into Demiplane.

Howdy howdy!

Happy to share that the Building Better Worlds book is available for preorder and we intend to release that around the same time that the physical book is released. In addition, I’ll pass along the request for choosing what content to share when you add friends to share content with. :smiley:

We’re currently working hard on some of our other character tool options (the Pathfinder 2e sheet is in closed alpha right now!), but ALIEN is absolutely still in the hopper. When we’ve got more to share, we will absolutely shout it from the rooftops.

Thanks for the info @MellieDM
Sorry I should have checked if Building better worlds was available before I posted. Now… to get the electronic version or the actual book and pdf from Free League is the question!

Alien has been ‘soon’ for a while so I’ll keep on poking you with a stick. :wink: … and Coriolis right?..

1 Like

Poke. Alien. Hmm? Character gen. Soon. Right?

Hmmm?

We don’t have any updates to share about the character tools as of this time, but when we do have an update to share our Tuesday morning Dev Update streams are likely the first place we’ll make that announcement.

One of the nice things about using Pathfinder as our pilot for character tools is that we’re finding we’re able to get the next sets of character tools up and running much more quickly from having such a thorough base to start from. So I expect that once we’re able to turn our attention to the ALIEN character tools, things will start moving quickly.

While we have a couple of other announced sets of character tools coming first, ALIEN is definitely one we’re excited about! :slight_smile:

Any update on when character tools will be out?

Very soon - working on final touches now.

Here’s a preview of the “Every Meal’s a Banquet” Colonial Marine-inspired theme:

We’ll announce when we’re live!

The FAQ has been updated to reflect today’s very special launch! Go and enjoy those character tools, comrades.

Character Generation looks great :wink: Am I missing some obvious button though or is the ability to print the character sheet still on the to do list?

It is still on the to-do list, but we have begun looking at the preliminary pieces we need to put in place so that when we’re ready to shift our focus to that work, the path will already be paved for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like