Attack Modifiers Seem Off

Hello! My group is switching to Starfinder for the playtest and a couple of us have noticed a strange issue when making characters. The attack modifiers for Lv 1 Operatives with a Dex of +3 using a Simple Gun are only showing +3/-2/-7. Since operatives are Expert in Simple Guns shouldnt the modifier to attack be higher (+6/+1/-4)?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide and the character sheet otherwise is looking rad. Thanks so much for making this available.

Hello and welcome to the forums! Could you let me know which particular weapon (or weapons) you’re experiencing this with? I’m seeing the correct proficiency coming in for a level 1 operative with a semi-auto pistol, so it may be tied to specific weapons.

Alternatively, if you can drop a link to one of the affected characters, we can dig in and see what’s going on!

Very interesting. The semi auto pistol does work correctly for me.

For me, the auto target rifle does not seem to reflect the correct bonus for a Simple weapon.

Awesome, thanks for the additional information! Looks like this is tied to a bug with two-handed weapons. We’ve put in a hot-fix, so you should now see the correct attack rolls!

1 Like

That’s awesome. Thanks for taking the time to check this out. And thanks for updating me.

1 Like