Avatar Legends NEXUS - Early Access Is Here!

Welcome to Early Access for the official online support tools for Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game!

If you backed the Kickstarter, you can visit www.demiplane.com/activate and enter the code you received in your email from Magpie to access the Core Book and Wan Shi Tong’s Adventure Guide content in the Digital Reader and Game Compendium.

If you didn’t back the Kickstarter, you can preorder both books now to get into Early Access on October 26th. You have the option to purchase the Core Book and Wan Shi Tong’s Adventure Guide in the Demiplane NEXUS digital version, or you can purchase a variety of hardcover book + Demiplane digital versions to get the best of both worlds!

The Early Access phase that includes the digital reader, game rules compendium, and group video play space features. Additional tools, including a character builder, interactive digital playbooks, and campaign worksheets, are coming in 2023. The Avatar Legends NEXUS makes it easy to play games together – whether in person or virtually. The tools offered allow an easy point of entry for those new to roleplaying games while offering experienced players unbeatable tools that quickly become essential to their game
sessions. Fans can log in to the Avatar Legends NEXUS to organize, schedule and play with
their group, and find content in an easy-to-navigate, searchable format with annotated
enhancements.

You can read the full press release below!

Magpie Games Secures Demiplane as the Official Online Toolset Provider for Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game

Albuquerque, NM – October 12, 2022 – Magpie Games partners with Paramount Consumer Products and Demiplane as the official provider of online digital tools for Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game, with the Avatar Legends NEXUS going live at 10 AM EST.

The Avatar Legends NEXUS launches with an Early Access phase that includes the digital reader, game rules compendium, and group video play space features. Additional tools, including a character builder, interactive digital playbooks, and campaign worksheets, are coming in 2023. Fans can preorder the toolkit beginning today on Demiplane along with PDF and physical copies. Early Access to Avatar Legends NEXUS will be made available on October 26th and preordered physical copies will ship in January 2023.

Since entering the tabletop RPG arena in 2019, Demiplane has been a sought-after partner with leading game development companies as they provide superior online tools and user experience.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Demiplane to create the official online toolkit for Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game! The Avatar Legends NEXUS is an incredibly special project - a set of next generation tools that make the rules easy to access while giving players new ways to connect and play together,” says Mark Diaz Truman, CEO of Magpie Games. “Everyone at Magpie Games believes that Demiplane is charting a new path for tabletop RPGs in digital spaces, and we’re honored that Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game is part of it!”

The Avatar Legends NEXUS makes it easy to play games together – whether in person or virtually. The tools offered allow an easy point of entry for those new to roleplaying games while offering experienced players unbeatable tools that quickly become essential to their game sessions. Users can log in to the Avatar Legends NEXUS to organize, schedule and play with their group, and find content in an easy-to-navigate, searchable format with annotated enhancements.

“With Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game , Magpie has created an outstanding game that truly captures the feel of my all-time favorite animated series - bringing the NEXUS to life has been a dream come true for our team,” says Demiplane’s Chief Development Officer, Adam Bradford. “We can’t wait for fans to experience these digital tools that help make connecting, preparing, and playing more convenient than ever."

For more information about Demiplane or Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game product line please contact:

Magpie Games

Kate Bullock

5901 Pan American W. Fwy NW – Suite D4
Albuquerque, NM 87109

press@magpiegames.com

About Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon, now in its 43rd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing, and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon is a part of Paramount’s (Nasdaq: PARA, PARAA) global portfolio of multimedia entertainment brands.

About Paramount Consumer Products

Paramount Consumer Products oversees all licensing and merchandising for Paramount (Nasdaq: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, Paramount Consumer Products’ portfolio includes a diverse slate of brands and content from BET, CBS (including CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Distribution), Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and Showtime. With properties spanning animation, live-action, preschool, youth and adult, Paramount Consumer Products is committed to creating the highest quality product for some of the world’s most beloved, iconic franchises. Additionally, Paramount Consumer Products oversees the online direct-to-consumer business for CBS and Showtime programming merchandise, as well as standalone branded ecommerce websites for Star Trek, SpongeBob, South Park, and MTV**.**

2 Likes

Hey I am unsure if this is the place to make suggestions. So if not, please disregard whats next and please send me where I need to go. I tried the early access stuff available for Avatar Legends, and starting with the pros: the video stuff works. I had no problem with this. Additionally, as a GM having access to the rules is pretty convenient. However, thats where the pros stop. The cons however, are plentiful. The dice rolling features rarely actually roll. Upon clicking on what and how many dice to roll, i am sent to the GM chat, only to see nothing 9/10 times. Once though it did roll the die and paste it for me to see, which was cool and useful. Additionally, messages between players and to the GM usually never show up. And the ones that did took their sweet time to make it to their intended target. This makes play frustrating and damn near pointless to use (as of now). Everything that works about Demiplane’s ATLA Legends is already available and reliable via discord. Once the bugs are fixed, it could be a beautiful tool. But until then its not worth using.

Hi pattymac, thanks for the feedback!

We have actually been working on the issues with chat and the dice roller for some time now. There’s a bug that is caused by a 3rd party partner of ours, and I think we’re close to having that issue resolved. But that’s a known issue and something we’ve been working on behind the scenes. It normally works just fine, and should be back to normal here before too long.

Related, though: We do plan to go back and show some love to My Groups and the video call platform, since we haven’t touched them in a while. So you’ll be seeing more quality of life updates there in the coming months. :slight_smile:

1 Like