Changing the VTT my Group uses

I am new to Demiplane and I created a group for my players. We have decided to change the VTT that we use and I have been looking for a way to change the link to launch the new VTT from Demiplane as opposed to the old. I don’t see any obvious way to do this. Can anyone help me out?

Hi there mhcox1, welcome to Demiplane!

Demiplane is not a VTT service. We offer tools that cover digital books, searchable compendiums, and character tools. You can use these in conjunction with however you play: around a table with friends, in an online voice/video call, or using a VTT service like Roll20.

Hi MellieDM and thank you for your response. In my post, I was referring to the following button in the Group portal:
Screenshot 2024-08-28 005440

The Launch Other VTT button is currently configured to take my group to Owlbear Rodeo, a free VTT, but we are considering switching to Foundry VTT. My question was asking if this could be changed. I haven’t been able to find any way to affect that.

Aha, I see! Wow, I hadn’t used that feature before. I’ll dig into it more and get back to you. :blue_heart:

Got it figured!

Click/tap the group management button in the top right, which looks like this:

From the menu that opens, select “Group Details”, under which you’ll find a dropdown for platform. On my group, I tested changing it from Demiplane Voice/Video, to Roll20. Once I did that, it had a text box for a link.

Once I was happy with my new settings, I clicked the arrow on the top left of the sidebar to return to the game, which saved my changes. The text on the button changed to mention Roll20, and the link I put in now has that button go to the Roll20 campaign as opposed to opening the Demiplane voice/video system:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you run into any issues. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found it, thank you!

Awesome, glad to hear it! You’re most welcome. :blue_heart: