Character Creator - Missing Feature

I came across two issues with the character creator.

• Natural Ambition - Domain Initiate appears blank and does not allow the user to select the chosen deity’s domain. (See below)

• Adopted Ancestry - Adopted Ancestry does not provide an option to select the ancestry. This prevents the desired ancestry feats from populating in later levels.

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll take a look!

1 Like

has there been any news on this? My cleric still can’t choose a domain.

This will be resolved with our release of a new version of the character tools later this week. You’ll want to create a new character once that release is out to benefit from the update, as existing characters will not immediately be migrated to the new version of the character tools. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Warpriest doctrines are not applying proficiency for the class DC beyond trained. They are improving everything else correctly.

What is it that you’re using your Class DC for in this scenario so I can take a look at what’s happening?

Essentially the spell DC and the Class DC should mirror each other. Every time that the Cleric’s doctrine increases spell casting proficiency, the class DC should increase. Below is a 20th level Warpriest that only has trained proficiency causing their class DC to be 38 vs 42. It should be the same as their Spell DC, as seen in photo 2.

I can’t find that anywhere in the rules. While martial classes definitely have their proficiency for class DC increased beyond trained, that happens as a class feature at certain level-ups, and is pretty clear when it happens. There doesn’t seem to be anything that indicates that a Cleric’s proficiency should increase beyond trained.

The Warcaster’s third doctrine (fourth for Cloistered cleric) indicates that you can use your spellcasting DC instead of your Class DC, which wouldn’t make sense if they were identical each step of the way.

You gain expert proficiency with your deity’s favored weapon, simple weapons, and unarmed attacks. When you critically succeed at an attack roll using your deity’s favored weapon, you apply the weapon’s critical specialization effect; you can use your spell DC in place of your class DC.

It may be that there’s a house rule or optional rule out there that keeps the two in lockstep, but I don’t think that’s in the rules as written. :slight_smile: