Daggerheart custom armor & traits

Hi I have noticed i can custom adjust some things but not others.

I can custom adjust evasion and armor stats by clicking on them on the stat pages and i can custom adjust weapons to change the base damage, additional dice or the dice rolled however, i cant adjust the stats/traits. Also some armors i vant adjust armor score such as on Gambeson armor and its only the armor value nothing else.

1. Please can you make it possible to edit all armors?
  2. If possible allow more free customisation or creation to adjust the features of weapon/armors
  3. Please can you make it possible to custom adjust traits (strength, agility, etc.) In the same way we can adjust the evasion and armor scores on the main page?
1 Like

Hi there!

1/2. Currently the only aspect you can customize on armor is the armor value. In the future, we’ll have homebrew tools that will allow more customization of an armor’s features.

1. You should be able to adjust your traits! Simply click on the name of the trait you’d like to edit (clicking the number triggers a roll), and then click the cogwheel icon on the top right of the sidebar that opens. You’ll be able to add an additional modifier of your choice (or use a negative number to decrease the trait).

Thanks for that. I didnt realise i needed to click the stat name rather than the stat.

Is there a reason i cant adjust the armor stat on gambeson armor but can on other armors?

Hmm, I’m not able to reproduce that on my end. :thinking: When I click on Gambeson Armor in my sheet, and then click the cogwheel I have the ability to add (or subtract) the armor bonus.

Could you share the character you’re seeing the issue on? I’d be happy to take a look. (Make sure the sharing setting is set to “Anyone with a link”, which can be found by clicking the character name, at the bottom of that sidebar!)

(Actually sounds like another team member pushed a fix right before I checked, so you may be good now!)

Funnily i just checked now and its fixed itself but it was a problem the whole time for me until just now.

Checked at least 10 times and even checked 1hr ago but suddenly its working. Sorry for that.

Not at all, one of our team members ninja’d in a fix right before I checked. You were definitely right! Glad we were able to fix it. Thanks a ton for the report! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hello!

1. is very inconvenient when sharing character sheets, and it’s the kind of thing that’s hard to keep track of during play. Is there any way to set custom values for the character’s traits?

According to the daggerheart rules, I should be able to have any starting value for traits, between -3 and 3, but while creating the sheet on here, I could only pick which trait gets plus 2, 1(x2), or -1.

“When creating your character, distribute 4 points among these 6 traits. Each trait can be between -3 and 3. Then subtract 1 from any one trait. After this, your character’s traits should add up to 3.” - from the website

Thanks!

I don’t believe those are the correct rules:

I’ll attempt to verify this should be the latest as well just to be sure

Thank you! It would be difficult to play a character who is extremely clumsy without -3 Agility.

Hi there bestkspbros!

The website you linked is not an official website with any affiliation with Darrington Press. Not sure where they’re pulling those rules from, but they don’t appear in any of our files or correspondence with the Daggerheart design team!

We recommend using the official website or DriveThruRPG to get the PDFs direct from the source (and of course, Demiplane, which is the official digital toolset.

It seems you are right, in their “about” section (for daggerheart.org, not .com), it does write that it is a fan website.

Nevertheless, it would be great to be able to edit / overwrite traits in a more permanent way!

Thanks for looking into things!

You should be able to bend the rules to your will by using the power of the cogwheel! When on your sheet, click/tap on the ability you’d like to alter, which will open the information drawer. At the top right of that drawer will be a cogwheel. Clicking that will open the editor, allowing you to make alterations that go beyond the normal rules of the game. Adding a negative number in that field (like -3) will subtract instead of add.

Thank you! I did not realize that the trait’s name was a separate button to the number (which performs a roll).