Demiplane as a digital toolset in comparison to other sites

Hi, new here and coming on the wave of the upcoming Marvel Multiverse RPG.

I’ve been keeping an eye on all the news for the game and saw that there will be digital assistance via here and other places.

My main query is, having read the FAQ and other announcements, what is the focus of Demiplane over say a RPG site which assists the GM (or Narrator) actually play the game online via map/token/dice roller/chat (voice and text)?

I can see Demiplane gives you full access to a digital version of the game but does it provide a platform to play the game with a group. I don’t want to name competitors (trying hard not to) but for example one places gives you a map with tokens to move around, a dice roller and chat so you can play via there. Does this have something similar or it just access to the digital book?

Also, one thing making me unsure, you really need to have PayPal as a payment option. I am an international player (UK) and prefer to use PayPal over Credit Card with international companies when I can for my own safety.

The big question really - why chose Demiplane over other sites?

Hi @ranatuor and thanks for your question! Glad to hear that the upcoming Marvel Multiverse RPG has captured your eye - we’re really excited for it too!

So what is Demiplane and what do we bring to the table?

As you might have seen from our FAQs: “Demiplane is the place for digital tools, content, and services to discover, prep, and play all your favorite tabletop roleplaying games. Demiplane empowers roleplaying fans to make every game better by providing high-quality digital tools that support in-person and virtual play. On Demiplane, RPG enthusiasts access tools to discover new games, new players, form groups and enhance the ways games can be played, shared, and explored.”

To explain that a little bit more - we want to make every aspect of your gameplay even better. Demiplane has Nexus digital tools (Marvel Multiverse RPG, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, Free League) and each of those spaces is a digital toolset. There you can access digitized, searchable sourcebooks and game compendiums so that you have the details of your RPG right at your digital fingertips.

In addition to the Nexus digital tools, Demiplane is also a place where you can connect with other players to play. From the Demiplane platform you can search for new games using our matchmaking function and you can post games looking for players. Once you have a game ready to play, our gameplay portals contain tools for your tabletop RPG in the form of voice and video chat, shared messaging and journaling, integrated quick links, and a dice roller. While Demiplane does not have a native VTT, it is intended to be open for you to use the VTT of your choice within the video portal.

We’ve got lots more to come and we’re always looking for great feedback, but Demiplane is already an awesome set-up for playing your next RPG adventure!

Additionally, thank you for the feedback about PayPal. It’s always great to know what’s important to our users and I will pass that along to the team!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!

2 Likes

Further to this, if I (as a GM) purchase digital rulebooks here, do my players have access to these resources when they are in a game I host?

Hi manamar!

We call the ability to share purchased books ‘content sharing’, and have it as a planned feature in the future. It’s not yet available on any of our Nexus offerings, but it is very important to us as we continue developing the tools!

Hi MellieDM

Thanks - that’s what I was hoping to be able to do as it’s a feature on other similar sites and helps GMs with not requiring their players to pick up rulebooks, etc. just to be able to join a game. :slight_smile:

That is a vital key element for us as well. Collectively our group owns nearly all the Free League Games so we are interested in Nexus/Demiplane but its important to us that the GM (as we own different games and will have to buy them again to work here) can share purchased books for character creation, rule look ups etc within the confines of the online game. Not sharing the ownership of the purchased books of course.

Conveniently, we released Content Sharing this week! It’s a feature available to Demiplane Members ($4.99/month). :slight_smile:

I’m inclined to agree about Paypal.

I’ll buy the Pathfinder master bundle today if it’s via PayPal, I’m likely to buy (but still a little on the fence) if it’s it’s not via PayPal.

I think there will be a lot of people in a similar situation to me right now as a lot of us are migrating off D&D Beyond, and their (paypal enabled) platform.

1 Like

We plan to include more payment options in the future and PayPal is definitely on that list. Our current priority is still getting these tools into a state where we’re ready to open the floodgates and tell the whole world about Demiplane. Until then, we want to put as much of our focus on building up the platform as possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the really fast reply. :slight_smile:

I can appreciate the focus being on features and apps. Its actually nice to hear that those are your priority over money. (Words i didnt expect to be sayimg this month!)

Im genuinely excited about the PF2e character builder, especially given your partnership with Paizo. Can i suggest APIs to allow integration with things lile Foundry and Roll20?

I guess, for now, ill buy books more slowly ratjer than jusy going staight to the master tier. Looks lole youve made me.have to be financially responsible - damn you. :smiley:

Strange - my phone just autocreated me a new accoint (Outtacrumpets) instead of logging me im as me…

1 Like

We expect VTT integrations will be available once character tools are where we want them to be. No details about what that looks like yet, but again, we want to make sure that our ducks are in a row first. :smile: