Discount on Books

In the FAQ, it says there will be a discount for those who already own the books. I went through the process of putting a book in my cart, but did not see where the discount comes in. Any info would be great, thanks.

You’ll need to link your account. Account settings>sync accounts> paizo connect

I linked the account before my attempt to buy. Did not see any discount come up.

Is it the pdf you own? If you just bought the physical I don’t think that counts, Demiplane could clarify. There was 1 person I saw post on Paizos blog who had to remove the spaces in the connect code in order for it to sync properly.

Edit: removed part about special edition subs. I thought I read it somewhere but now I can’t find it. So I’m removing it.

@H2Os , the physical counts, they just havent worked out the bugs from pulling the paizo.com purchase history.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I got most of my 2e pdfs from Humble Bundle which probably does not count even though I downloaded it through the Paizo site. Thanks for he info.

Thanks, I’ll keep watching for updates.

Nah, I am sure they would still count. I believe the API doesn’t look where they came from, just that they are there.

Jeez guess i miss the days when players would share books and dice…i dont mind buying books however paizo does need to allow me to support local shops…This sounds like a great service for someone who cant find games local…as i Have a Bad disease and can only play from home.However untill a better system to allow dms to share all they wish in games.With all books and the services this would run alot of cash then add in hardware needed just to connect to a game.I hope this system is better than every other service

1 Like

I assume anyone with physical books won’t be getting any kind of discount on digital copies?

If you purchased those physical books through Paizo.com along with the PDF, then you will receive a discount on the PFN pre-order if you connect your Paizo account.

We can’t effectively track prior hardcover purchases in other places, but we’ll be continually exploring our options with Paizo in the future.

1 Like

To be clear Adam, it needs to be with the PDF, correct?

eww sharing dice! and curse my precious?

Yes, that is correct, the “digital” purchase on Paizo.com.

I know this is an old thread, but…
Humble bundle deals DO still count for the demiplane discount.
Today I purchased a 28 book bundle from HB, redeemed the codes on my linked paizo account, and a few hours later (yes it took a few to several hours) my demiplane shop prices reflect my new paizo owned material.

So for a $25 HB, there’s a couple hundred dollar savings on demiplane!!
:+1: :+1:

1 Like

Going to resurrect an old thread, just to point out that as stated above, Humble Bundles do count towards giving you a discount off of demiplane. Also, on the subject of Humble Bundle, there’s a bundle on there now!! Worth getting if you want the books on demiplane as it will massively discount.

I bought a huge HB of Pathfinder 2e stuff a week or two ago and am still waiting for the discount to be reflected here.

Is there a way to force a sync or something?

You may need to refresh your sync. You can do so by going to Account Settings >> Sync Accounts >> Paizo Connect. Once that refreshes, you should see the updated prices. :slight_smile:

Is $34.99 the discount price for most books?

Because I’ve manually synced it like that a few times and that’s the price I see for just about everything.

That is not the discounted price. I’d suggest that 1) you double check that you’ve synced to the right Paizo account, just to be safe, and then 2) If you are, send us a support ticket and we’ll see if there’s something that we can do on our end to get that sync to refresh.

You can send a support ticket here: https://demiplane.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new