Do I have to purchase the digital content Beyond a subscription for character creation?

If I get a subscription, Will any of the contents at character creation for the character sheets still be blocked? Would I then after purchasing the subscription have to purchase player core in order to unlock and Ancestries or classes?

Hi there zogbonk, and welcome to Demiplane!

Subscriptions do not include access to any content. Subscriptions removes the maximum cap to the number of characters you can create, and allows you to share your purchased content with up to 24 people.

To clarify, as Mellie mentioned subscriptions unlock perks such as content sharing and unlimited characters, but character options come from purchasing source books, etc.

To make a character with the options in a book (including many of those in Player Core) you need the sourcebook. There is a small subset unlocked for free, but purchasing just Player Core and Player Core 2 will unlock a lot of content for you and you can get them discounted if that content is unlocked at Paizo if you’ve purchased them there before or got the pdf as part of a humble bundle, etc.

The subscription allowing you to content share, also means that only one copy of any given book needs to be bought (by someone with a Sub) and then can be shared with the rest of your crew. Character Tools work with any source book you own or has been shared with you.