Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 10 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 10: silvercap pt.2, language tutor and haunted tomb pt.1

• Our investigator is having a lot of trouble figuring out what exactly they are trying to do in combat. It would really help them if there was a “Devise a Stratagem” attack roll selection for weapons… say in the drop down menu here that added intelligence instead of strength or dexterity… or some other way to determine the bonus that they will add to the d20 rolled in advance…
  • Our magus (laughing shadow) didn’t realize that dimensional assault includes a strike (not a separate action). I wonder if the dimensional assault action can be tagged or indicated somehow on the character sheet to show that a strike is part of the same action since it seems common for feats to have a “make a strike as part of the action(s)” built into them, especially when the blurb text seems to suggest the spell is just about getting in position.
  • The magus also didn’t see a nice way to set the arcane cascade damage to 3 because they were attacking a flat-footed creature in Arcane Cascade stance
  • Damage calculation for complex critical hits is another area that needed a lot of extra help, I wonder if there’s a nice way to stack up effects on a strike’s damage and then click once to double the dice and modifiers like having a double button on the dice roller flyout.
  • Would like a way for the party to all add courageous anthem (and similar effects) as an active effect/condition … for common ones just searchable, and then also space for custom effects by name
  • similarly it would be nice to be able to add things like afflictions and persistent damage here … common ones (zombie rot?) searchable?
  • looking forward to the companions tools for the investigator/inventor’s companion construct (a small humanoid shaped construct with a bowler hat named “Bot-son”… as in “elementary my dear Bot-son”) and the sorcerer/familiar master’s familiar (she picked a penguin that has flight and dark vision). Supporting this very customizable part of the character really makes for unique characters.
  • Bonus: another few sheets from the GM screen… prompts for instant NPCS

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it. :smiley:

critical damage button

FWIW, my suggestion for the construct companion was “Watt-son” :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, as always, it’s helpful to hear how you’re using the tools during a game session. We’ll take a look at the things you’ve noted here. :slight_smile:

1 Like