Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 11 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 11: haunted tomb pt.2

• Repeats of previous requests for our investigator/inventor: nice way to calculate the bonus for an attack after “devise a strategem” and to be able to add a construct as a companion for the inventor archetype
  • Our sorcerer/familiar master wanted to add a penguin with flight and darkvision and then other abilities. Since penguin is not a default familiar type, our more experienced pathfinder player in the group, in response to the current demiplane setup requiring familiars to select a base type said: “Taking a look at the Familiar type section and… Yeah that’s not great for new players. It’s giving options for familiars that people could never conceivably choose from level 1/ones that require specific ancestry or archetype feats to choose. Moving the specific familiars over to a different tab and keeping some common generic animals, a blank animal familiar, a plant, and a draconic option on the first tab would make building a familiar easier”
  • bonus: I made this sheet for my screen to cover the stats needed for this dungeon so I wouldn’t have to flip around. Hopefully someone will find it useful
  • bonus: for this session in particular, this timeline and layer of the Darklands sheet was also important for ad lib-ing about the carvings on the walls of the crypt.

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! As per usual, it’s helpful to hear how you used the tools in-session. :slight_smile: