Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 13 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 13: Into the Darklands (start of CH2. to Glowspore Grotto)

• Bug report?: I like most of the mini token icons to use as tokens on owlbear taken from the corner of the monster listings… but the Rust Monster one is not good at all for this purpose. Rust Monster - Creatures - Pathfinder 2e Nexus

• bug report: our dwarven fighter should ignore armor plate penalties to speed but has their speed reduced… is unburdened iron not applying properly? https://app.demiplane.com/nexus/pathfinder2e/character-sheet/ecaa4e11-e367-4523-9792-0feefd17bf94

• Repeat request: As part of level up between sessions, a player asked for more ways to filter feat and spell selections in the character builder to eliminate “rare” options or options he didn’t qualify for

• Repeat request: As the first GM tool… I really want a campaign summary view for the characters in a campaign that updates with the current status

• Bonus: We did overland travel and I ran it in a new that way I tried for the first time… it worked really well:

1. First I had a specific time for preparation before travel. We did a round of gathering information using the related skill check to get a map and learn about potential conditions on the way. Then I gave a round for shopping for supplies including a few suggested items such as light (lanterns/oil), climbing gear, rations, etc. Finally, before setting off I had players check bulk and make necessary adjustments to how they were carrying their gear.
  2. Before setting off: Next I ensured the party did daily preparations, chose marching order, choose travel speed, (and choose activities if moving at half speed)
  3. Travel sequence: I give a cinematic prompt/“nemesis” for the players to use to describe a scene of travel and track the attention they gain from the surroundings. First I describe two or three features of the current area they are traveling through and then a player takes a turn to describe a cinematic shot of the party traveling through the space evoking the cinematic prompt (in this case “sense of unknown”) and fleshing out the surroundings/how their character is reacting to it. Good descriptions result in a hero point, or perhaps lead to discoveries of random items, etc. As they travel I track the “attention” the party is drawing to themselves from the environment and if the attention crosses a threshold they may have a random encounter. I also have planned a few encounters along the way including “camp” for them to have interactions between the characters.

Here’s a few of the PPT slides from the session to maybe help GMs out there get an idea

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it :smiley:

1 Like