Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 14 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 14: Glowspore Grotto

• From forward looking prep, layout reflow: In Chapter 2 of Mantle of Gold, workshop heights, the sidebar “RECORDINGS” should go at the bottom of the listing for F6
  • From forward looking prep, layout reflow: Similarly, KICKING DOWN THE DOOR probably belongs just above the G1 header.
  • From forward looking prep, errata needed?: Lower Gulredge map scale should be more like one square is 50m… hopefully Paizo can errata that officially… I’ve tried zooming into the map though and it’s not very useable even at full resolution…
  • From forward looking prep, bad link: In G1. THE HUNGER STONE, the third paragraph tells us that Tsaal is a charlatan. Link probably not needed.
  • Repeat request: the investigator/inventor took magical crafting and will be looking forward to the place to track formulas.
  • Repeat request: Still need a nice play flow for investigator to formulate a stratagem and then make a strategic strike… still struggling to work out the bonus to apply
  • New request: Fighting a rust monster but no place to track item health/damage for armor or weapons?
  • Repeat request: No place to track purple pox, zombie rot or other diseases or afflictions
  • Bug report: The link for Shriekers in Ch.2 here has a really odd behaviour. If I mouse over and click quickly it goes to the top of the section in the GMG rather than the stat block, but after a few seconds of mouse hover on the link it resolves to the stat block.
  • Poor useability in common GM use case: This room is set up so basically all these different things come at you in waves out of the tower so you kinda have to have all different stat blocks open at the same time… As I got ready to run this room tonight and wanted to open all these stat blocks in tabs all the other creatures and items open the sidebar hover panel and then right click view details->open in new tab, but just for the Shrieker clicking once doesn’t open the side bar but just takes you to the page. In one way, nice… I could have just right clicked the link to open a tab, but really is kind of sucky for useability when one link works different from the rest with absolutely no visual cue like a small [:arrow_upper_right:]…
  • Additionally, when I do this the back button doesn’t remember my place on the page but takes me to the top of the chapter so I have to scroll to the right place again to continue.
  • It would be nice for Demiplane to have entries that resolve the two variant rituals that Skribellon has (or homebrew tools that allow me to make them)… the “create mycoguardian” one in particular seems like demiplane could just make it and tag it rare. It would probably exist in the adventure path adventure toolbox book if they had page space.

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it :smiley:

Thank you so much for providing this feedback. This information from play is SO helpful to make what we’re doing better, and it’s incredibly appreciated. I made some updates based on your feedback here, summarized below:

• The placement of those sidebars mentioned has been adjusted to suit the flow of information better.
  • The mistaken tooltip for charlatan has been removed.
  • I’ve adjusted the linking for Shriekers. On my end it works better now, hopefully it does so for you as well!
  • The create mycoguardian unique spell has been created! There was enough information provided in the adventure toolbox for us to create this in the system, so it should now be a ritual available in that AP (set to unique, and of course restricted in PFS), and it’s been tooltipped in that chapter and the adventure toolbox as well. Taking a closer look at the variant reincarnate, so that’s not in at this time–but possibly in the future.

Some additional notes and responses!

• Excited to share that formulas/crafting are one of the next things in development! This is to support the Alchemist class, but will also help to support crafting and formulas in other parts of the game.
  • Afflictions (ie diseases) are planned for future support! Definitely excited at the prospect of being able to track disease stages.
  • Similar to that, hazards support is planned for the future–which will change how those work in books, allowing us to use those tooltips (which can be pulled up in the sidebar) versus being links to the book sections.
  • I am also excited for when we get homebrew support in.
  • Good call-out on the rust monster. I think we’ll need to do a dive on items here a little more to figure out how this ties in.
  • Super appreciate all the feedback from your Investigator player. We’ll continue to… well… investigate, and see what we might be able to do
1 Like

Thanks for your reply and taking care of some of those items! :hugs:

1 Like

So just circling back on the Shrieker link… What I’m observing now is two different behaviors

• When I right-click and open the link in a new tab or window it correctly takes me to the entry exactly
  • When I left click it dumps me a little higher on the page at about row 4 of the hazards table, consistently
  • And when I click the back button anywhere it still doesn’t remember the place on the page well
    (using brave browser with shields off for demiplane.com)

1 Like