Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 15 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 15: Descent towards Guldredge

• Mantle of Gold Chapter 2, E4 paragraph 3 “myceloid” does not need to be linked.
  • Thanks! Inventor prototype construct companion successfully added
  • Chapter 2 Zivzeb treasure “Ring of ventriloquism” should link to Ventriloquist’s Ring, not the spell “ventriloquism” (in two locations), the creature stat block for Zivzeb should have the item linked in the “Items” listing
  • One element from chapter 1 that is still left for when the party returns to town and that I’m really fleshing out is the Basilisk game. We’ve been getting little bits of character building as people reminisce about their character’s connection to the sport over time so I’ve had to pull up the description of the sport in the Lost Omens: Travel Guide several times. Searching for basilisk using the main search at the top of the site only brings up the creature and a few basilisk themed items but it would kind of be nice for me if there was a link to this section describing the sport in the LO:TG somewhere in the results.
  • I used the harrow deck and that also went very well. I love the way this tool works, but I wish the flow was a little better for running it with first a draw from one of the suits and then reading the spread… or maybe I’m not understanding how the interface elements are meant to be used. I made it work though so it’s probably fine although maybe a video tutorial or something on the demiplane youtube channel performing an example harrowing could be nice.
  • And that’s about it… today we mostly did camping out and traveling so not much rolling/character sheet stuff happened. It was fun to run camp scenes where two characters got to chat with each other and for me to add elements of foreshadowing. Here’s some example slides from my powerpoint that maybe another GM can use for inspiration.

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it :smiley:

sky kings tomb.pptx  -  ユーザーが前回保存済み

1 Like

As ever, love the report of actual play using the tools! I’ve made some updates based on your notes:

Chapter 2 Updates

Updated the erroneous link, fixed the tooltip, and added the tooltip to Zivzeb’s statblock.

Chapter 1 Updates

Did you one better. While the link there should take you to the section in Travel Guide, I’ve also added a tooltip to the first mention of ‘Basilisk’ in the section for the game in Chapter 1, which goes to a rule element with all of the information. Hopefully that’s even easier! (And since it’s a rule element, it should also come up in search more consistently)

Excited to hear that you used the Harrow Deck! A video tutorial does sound pretty neat. I’ll run it up the flagpole and see if that’s something we can fit in sometime in the future.

1 Like

It looks like the first mention of the ring of ventriloquism is now correctly pointing to the ventriloquist’s ring and the listing in the stat block was added correctly but now under the “Treasure” heading the link was just removed. It should probably still remain, but point to the correct entry.

The link to basilisk is working correctly! Thanks.

I think a video showing the harrow deck tool in action would help people “get it” more than the description in the book of how to use physical cards, and if it helps add priority to the right people for deciding to make the video, it would probably help sell more copies of the harrow deck :smiley:

It looks like the first mention of the ring of ventriloquism is now correctly pointing to the ventriloquist’s ring and the listing in the stat block was added correctly but now under the “Treasure” heading the link was just removed. It should probably still remain, but point to the correct entry.

That’s intentional! We try not to tool-tip the same thing more than once in the same ‘chunk’ of text.

Oh. Okay I suppose that makes sense.

pr.chrismoore, where did the Darklands scenes in your screenshots come from? Is that part of the Demiplane version of Mantle of Gold?

I made them in powerpoint. We play by discord but I don’t like vtts except for combat, so I make a powerpoint presentation and put together imagery of each scene, npc, etc., and then share the screen of the presentation with discord to help me with story telling like a Japanese “kamishibai”

For some of the images, I give Dall-E a prompt like “stone chamber with a chest mural on the wall and a square hole in the center of the floor” … it’s for my home game just with friends so I’m not super worried about the ethical art issues that one should consider in products for sale.

Cool, looks good.