Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 20 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard/celebrity, a kineticist/psychic, an investigator/inventor, a sorcerer/familiar master, a magus/blessed one, and a fighter/linguist. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

I’ve not sent updates in a couple weeks due to being busy and combat heavy sessions has meant I didn’t need to prepare much but here are a few things that came up for the demiplane crew and then some notes on how I ran it for other GMs

Session 20: Lower gulridge finale

== from players
Our inventor is crafting spirit sealing fulus but doesn’t have a nice way to share the fruits of her labor with other players.
Our fighter dwarf has a feature for ignoring armor penalties to movement but fortress plate seems to impose them anyway. Can you confirm if speed calculations are correct on the sheet? Demiplane
Our magus is confused about the proper way to do spell resets on this sheet. Should there be a more prominent way to reset focus spells/full reset on spells/rest button for spells.
Our elementalist is complaining that fresh produce scaling not correct → 2d4 +1 instead of 2d4+6. Demiplane
Also the 2 action version of elemental blast should be adding constitution but there’s nowhere to roll it.
In the companion equipment listings for non-riding companions there shouldn’t be horse shoes, spiked collars, etc.

== During Prep

• didn’t need to prep much this week.

== During play

• the mimic joined the party so that should be fun.
  • A singular xulgath ravening with 70 hp across 40 xulgath in the camp was cinematic and a little looney toons but okay for the tone of this campaign. Less demiplane feedback and more paizo feedback

== GM tips: running travel.
I run travel in one of three ways:
LoTR: Two Towers travel: the travel scene is suspenseful because the protagonists are always mindful of the presence of some nemesis. Players help contribute to the feeling of the nemesis by describing how it is bearing down on them as they advance through terrain described by the game master and it runs like an infiltration with the “environment” accruing awareness points leading to encounters.
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope travel: the protagonists set out on a journey across sand or space and the screen wipes to a cut scene of the bad guys describing their motivations and plans. And maybe showing off cool abilities the protagonists will need to overcome like force choking.
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark travel: a map is shown and we bounce between exotic locales before settling in at the new location.
Unless travel is the point we don’t play out Oregon Trail travel.

In this adventure we did Two Towers travel (players describe their characters reaction to a “nemesis” while playing out a gmg infiltration) on the way to guldredge with the “nemesis” from Highhelm to the Spore Grotto being a “sense of the unknown” and from the Spore Grotto to Guldridge being “descent into a tomb”
On the way back from Guldridge to Highhelm we did A New Hope travel (cut scene where we see bad guys motivation and hint at their power) and I described a cut scene between two key characters in chapter three using the following outline to describe a cinematic cut scene: “Pounding sounds in an otherwise quiet smithy… a close shot of a slowly spreading grin … arms with a glowing orange tattoo hold a metal stamp and then a mallet that imprints the crossed hammer mark of Clan Molgrade on a metal shaft. Two humanoid shadows are shown on the wall, one with deer-like antlers. A bitter sounding voice, “Your forgeries are excellent as always. And with your new tunnels and a perfect scapegoat already imprisoned, soon you’ll be able to rid yourself of all those useless fools.” Malicious laughter ensues…”

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it :smiley:

Our inventor is crafting spirit sealing fulus but doesn’t have a nice way to share the fruits of her labor with other players.

Currently the only way to share items across sheets is to add the item through Add Equipment, but happy to pass up the request/feedback!

Our fighter dwarf has a feature for ignoring armor penalties to movement but fortress plate seems to impose them anyway. Can you confirm if speed calculations are correct on the sheet?

Your player is correct that this is not currently calculating. I’ve put in an ask with the team to see if this can be implemented.

Our magus is confused about the proper way to do spell resets on this sheet. Should there be a more prominent way to reset focus spells/full reset on spells/rest button for spells.

Happy to pass along the feedback!

Our elementalist is complaining that fresh produce scaling not correct → 2d4 +1 instead of 2d4+6.

They are correct, and that should now be fixed!

Also the 2 action version of elemental blast should be adding constitution but there’s nowhere to roll it.

This should now be fixed (for wood kineticists, like your player. Working on carrying over the fix for other kineticists after this post!)

In the companion equipment listings for non-riding companions there shouldn’t be horse shoes, spiked collars, etc.

Currently we don’t have a way to filter companion equipment based on whether or not the companion is a mount, but I’ll pass up the feedback!

Thanks as always for this super helpful, fantastic play report!