Dungeon Max's SKT Feedback: Session 7 (spoilers)

Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard, a kineticist, an investigator, a sorcerer, a magus, and a fighter. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.

Session 7: Burntown Temps part 2, bonus encounter

• Our fighter received a well fitted suit of fortress plate at the end of burntown temps. They have the dwarven ancestry “unburdened iron” feat but get a -5 penalty to their speed when wearing the armor from an “armor speed penalty”… which is also odd because fortress plate says it gives a -10 speed penalty. It appears that it’s not treating the fortress plate as the “worn” side of the feat when equipping it and using the -10 penalty from the armor and then applying the “reduce penalty by 5” part of the feat.
  • our kineticist wishes the sheet presented him with both the single action and double action elemental blast damage selection. There’s a dropdown that looks like it should allow for selection of a different damage roll but it doesn’t appear to be applying his +4 constitution.
  • Also, when viewing a feature with a dark theme, the action icon color should invert.
  • our magus had accidentally selected frost’s touch as a cantrip in his spellbook, despite it being a rare spell granted only by the gellid shard artifact archetype. User error for sure but perhaps there could be a toggle somewhere that a GM can ask the player to set (like where the free archetype option is) to prompt a player to ask their GM when selecting things with the rare or uncommon tag.
  • we fought against cacodaemons that started the encounter invisible. We made sure to do the DC 15 flat roll to try to hit them, but since this was happening a lot and it’s fairly common in other things in pathfinder, and the current sheet takes three whole clicks to do a flat roll, it might be nice to have a direct flat roll button somewhere, or at least stack the click location so all three clicks to just roll a d20 are in the same place so you don’t have to move the mouse as much when you are doing the default thing.
  • bonus: I made a campaign history (Highhelm and AP timelines) and nearby geography sheet for my GM screen highlighted so I can quickly grab all kinds of proper nouns and dates that are canon. If there is a GM screen feature one day, it would be nice to be able to have a fillable campaign timeline tab and map scrapbook

We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it. :smiley:

• Also, with regard to frost’s touch, it took me a while to figure out what was going on with the spell because, while the entry for the spell has a link to the gellid shard item and both the spell description and gellid shard item say that they are from the treasure vault, there’s no link to the archetype or the chapter of the treasure vault so I could get enough context to figure out why the cantrip was marked as rare/PFS restricted. There should be links back when possible to the entry in the book an item/feature/etc. is from
  • And even in the treasure vault it took a while to find… it wasn’t in the treasure tables or index or anything and I did text searches of shard through several chapters without luck. Eventually I got the PDF off of my paizo account and did a text search through the whole book to finally find it. It would be nice if there was a way to search within a sourcebook.
  • One other thing that would have saved time for my bonus encounter, is if Demiplane’s monster entries that have images also had vtt tokens available somewhere ala the Avrae /token command

Nevermind… found the tokens :smiley:

Do you have the link for the Fighter’s character sheet? We’re looking into that speed calculation, and it would be helpful to see what’s going on behind the scenes. :slight_smile:

I’ve made a copy here

https://app.demiplane.com/nexus/pathfinder2e/character-sheet/d41af52f-4854-48b4-9d13-f86d6fba87f8