Background: I’m playing Sky King’s Tomb with 6 players: a bard, a kineticist, an investigator, a sorcerer, a magus, and a fighter. Tools used include discord (voice/video/memes), powerpoint (exploration/downtime, etc.), owlbear (encounter mode), demiplane (character sheets/rule lookup), trello (shared loot), google docs (shared notes/campaign log) and a physical binder (GM Screen)
I have many years of experience taking 5e campaigns from level 0-20 and this is my first Pathfinder 2e campaign.
Session 7: Burntown Temps part 2, bonus encounter
- Our fighter received a well fitted suit of fortress plate at the end of burntown temps. They have the dwarven ancestry “unburdened iron” feat but get a -5 penalty to their speed when wearing the armor from an “armor speed penalty”… which is also odd because fortress plate says it gives a -10 speed penalty. It appears that it’s not treating the fortress plate as the “worn” side of the feat when equipping it and using the -10 penalty from the armor and then applying the “reduce penalty by 5” part of the feat.
- our kineticist wishes the sheet presented him with both the single action and double action elemental blast damage selection. There’s a dropdown that looks like it should allow for selection of a different damage roll but it doesn’t appear to be applying his +4 constitution.
- Also, when viewing a feature with a dark theme, the action icon color should invert.
- our magus had accidentally selected frost’s touch as a cantrip in his spellbook, despite it being a rare spell granted only by the gellid shard artifact archetype. User error for sure but perhaps there could be a toggle somewhere that a GM can ask the player to set (like where the free archetype option is) to prompt a player to ask their GM when selecting things with the rare or uncommon tag.
- we fought against cacodaemons that started the encounter invisible. We made sure to do the DC 15 flat roll to try to hit them, but since this was happening a lot and it’s fairly common in other things in pathfinder, and the current sheet takes three whole clicks to do a flat roll, it might be nice to have a direct flat roll button somewhere, or at least stack the click location so all three clicks to just roll a d20 are in the same place so you don’t have to move the mouse as much when you are doing the default thing.
- bonus: I made a campaign history (Highhelm and AP timelines) and nearby geography sheet for my GM screen highlighted so I can quickly grab all kinds of proper nouns and dates that are canon. If there is a GM screen feature one day, it would be nice to be able to have a fillable campaign timeline tab and map scrapbook
We had a lot of fun this session and Demiplane was an important part of it.