Error when choosing level 3 general feat. ## Application error: a client-side exception has occurred

Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).

Black screen with that error pops up, happens only one page 2 of the feats list.

Did this making a human fighter. So did a friend of mine as well so its repeatable. pages 3, 4 and 5 did not show the error. going back to page 2 shows the error.

Hi there! I am not able to replicate the error, so it’s possible there are some other choices in your characters that may be causing the issue that I’m not able to see.

What browser and operating system are you using?

Could you let me know each of these steps you take? (And correct anything I’ve written here that you haven’t done!)

1. Create new character, set to level 3
  2. Select human ancestry
  3. What heritage did you select? What other choices (feats, ability boosts, special) did you make at this stage?
  4. What background did you select? What other choices (skill, ability boost, special) did you make at this stage?
  5. Select Fighter class
  6. Did you select any features / make any choices for the previous levels? What were they?
  7. Select level 3 general feat, navigate to page 2 of feat list.
  8. Error

Thank you!

heritage was skilled heritage. chose skill training,. ancestry feats general training.
experience professional.
ability boosts set to default, str and dex background was acrobat, skill feat is steady balance. ability boost str and dex.

class is fighter, initial proficiency was athletics, acrobatcs, str boost, power attack feat.

did not choose any level 2 stuff yet. So i just tried that first just in case. Choosing page two of fighter feats = same error.

1 Like

Update on issues with feats and that error. these two characters are new.

I just tried to add a level up to level 2 on my ratfolk alchemist. clicked on alchemy feats (not page 2 yet) and instantly went to the error. Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).

For giggles, tried the same thing in an incognito window to make sure not old temp files were messing with things.

Thank you! This is all super helpful. I’m passing along the details, and someone on the tech side already has some ideas as to the cause. Appreciate your patience as we look for a solve!

One last little tidbit for now.

The exact same error occurs in Brave Browser 113.1.51.118, Chrome 113.0.5672.127
and Edge 113.0.1774.50.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.1702

Noted! Thank you. <3

Hello, I am getting a similar issue. When leveling up my character, on the Cleric Feat screen, if I click on page 2, it crashes and i get the " Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)." This does NOT happen if i click any other page. I have rebooted and cleared my cache.
Can replicate in Chrome (113.0.5672.127) and Opera GX browsers (LVL4 (core: 98.0.4759.74)).

Thanks! Our team is looking into the issue. :slight_smile:

Hi all! A fix has just gone out that we believe should address this issue. Please give it a try in a fresh tab/window when you get a chance, and let us know if the issue persists!