Gameplay Workflow Using Demiplane and Roll20

I am fairly new here, but it is plain to see that Demiplane has great resources. I am really looking forward to using them!

I understand that Demiplane and Roll20 do not have integrations yet and there are no public timelines. That’s totally understandable. For now I want to use both sets of tools to best advantage, but I am not quite sure what that is. I have a lot of experience playing Pathfinder on Roll20, but now I want to play Starfinder 2e using both Demiplane and Roll20.

I seems to me this is the natural workflow:

• Everyone creates characters on Demiplane and shares the links with the group.
  • We convene on Roll20 (and Discord) to play.
  • Since there are no Starfinder 2e sheets on Roll20, we use the Demiplane sheets as reference.
  • Dice rolls are made using the generic rollers (not sheet integrated) on Roll20.
  • Just like in person play with physical dice, we need to “roll a d20 and add 7” (or whatever) and report the result.

Does that make sense? Am I missing some great options? Does anyone have better methods?

Thanks!!

Dan

I know there is a tool that you can install using a Browser Extension (Details in the Link) that will let you use Demiplane sheets into Roll20 in a rough workaround. I found it in a post on the Cosmere RPG Discord. I have not tried it myself but it seems to be the workaround and I know someone using it for Starfinder.

(instructions here: GitHub - jackpoll4100/Demiplane2Roll20: A tool that enables rolls from Demiplane character sheets to be rolled in Roll20)

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! It works!

2 Likes