Good one shot intro for players new to Pathfinder 2e

I’ve just run Dinner at Lionlodge as a demo for people who wanted to try PF2e, worked really well and demostrated a lot of the mechanics. It has the combat, traps, persistent damage, afflictions, and spells, so a really good way to run people through the rules.
Things like crafting in down time and character creation/levelling weren’t covered as it’s a one shot with pregens, but the players said they had a decent grounding and are up for a campaign; if you’re after a module to dip your toes in with, get this one!
(I ran it on Roll20, using their pack, the dynamic lighting was a bit flakey but everything else worked fine).

2 Likes

So far the one shots I’ve tried have been pretty good introductory escenarios to the system. I’m yet to try that one but I’m looking forward to it.

I tweaked some of the imps to do a fear scream which inflicts the Frightened condition, fitting the hunter/prey theme. Only one player failed but that was a crit fail and the orlthers had to grab him so he didn’t dive off a ledge to hide. Such fun!

1 Like

We had to make a couple of “cheat sheets” for some of our newer players to help with the change in states for issues such as visibility. We simply upload the graphic into a “rules” folder in foundry so people can look it up vice digging in the books have having to read the text in which often as you can see by the description; is spread among various parts of the book.

3 Likes

Fantastic and thanks for sharing!

I can’t see it for looking, does it show where sneaky types can use their sneak attacks?

If there’s some Web/HTML/JS coders that would like a little challenge & help the community, doing something like this for PF2 might be great for everyone.

D&D 5E Quick References
Complete Code Available Here

1 Like

Isn’t there something similar in pdf form already?
Edit- found this link

I’m sure I had a Paizo equivalent, possibly part of the GM screen or the free character sheets. I’ll see if I can find it as I’ve printed something very similar out for players in a pen & paper game I ran

2 Likes

I just liked how the page would show an overview and you could click to get detailed pop-up, but thanks for those pages…

Ah, hadn’t realised they were interactive

Took me a while to find that out… I thought it was a simple webpage until I mistakenly clicked on something and pop-ups appeared with more details :slight_smile:

Found the sheet I was thinking of, it’s at the end of the character sheet pack.

1 Like