Hosting a Session on Demiplane

Is there a video or anything that goes over the hosting a session experience in Demiplane? Curious what it would look like to my players before diving into that. We are used to using Discord but I am sharing books through Demiplane and wondering if that could make things easier. We are using Foundry VTT for the battle mat and encounter management.

I had a couple people ask about tipping me for sessions too and wasn’t sure if that is possible in an unpaid group in Demiplane?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, Demiplane has both a videocall and an audiocall function that will display the people on the call in a screen similar to a discord call. As for tipping, yes and no. If you have a USA bank account and are able to receive payments through Stripe, people will be able to tip after you click the button to end the session. You can set up the options for receiving payments clicking on your profile icon from outside the forums, then clicking payment details and then receive tips & payments. Hopefully there will be options for people outside of USA in the future.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I am in the US so Stripe was very easy for me to setup, I just didn’t want to host a paid session just so someone could tip is all. I will experiment with it. Worst case I can always send them my StreamElements link but would be cool to keep everything related to GM’ing in one place separate from streaming stuff.

1 Like

A player did send me a screenshot of the tip screen for a free one-shot I run and the session also appears in the payment screen so that you can check how much you earn. So it should work for you to keep everything in one place. But do let me know how it goes after you play.

1 Like