How Can I Modify Homebrew Equipment to Roll 2d6 and drop the lowest when rolling a Success with Fear?

Hi there!

I mean, it literally says what I’m asking in the subject bar. I am entering a homebrew weapon, and I need it to roll 1d6 Magical damage on a hit. When that roll is with Fear, I need it to roll an extra d6, and drop the lower of the two.

How do I go about setting this up? (For that matter, is there any article somewhere that teaches me how to set up advanced options in the creator?)

Cheers,

DM Pete

Hey PeteWookiee, welcome to the forums. I reached out to one of our homebrew experts and they were kind enough to make an example weapon that I can share some screenshots of as well as provide the steps for how they made it.

Breaking down what effects they want:

  1. Add Bonus Dice for the 1d6 Magical damage. *
  2. We can’t really determine if a roll was done with fear via the modifiers but I would set this up as a User Interaction - toggle / toggle for if rolling with fear so the user can manually mark that bit. Place a condition on the first Add Bonus Dice that this toggle is off. In the toggle have another Add Bonus Dice that is the 2d6 roll with a condition that the toggle is on.
  3. They will have to manually do the last bit of dropping the lower of the two rolled. Don’t think there is a way to do that.