How do you add Lore skills to your skill list?

As the topic askes. Are Lore skills possible yet?

Lore skills can be added from heritages, backgrounds, and other places during character creation, but there’s no way to add an ad hoc lore skill as of this moment, such as from training during downtime, or anything earned in-play. That’s coming later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, according to the Sept 8, 2023 “What’s New” post, custom skills and lores are now possible, but I’m in the character creator, and don’t see that option anywhere. Am I overlooking it? (Very possible as I am very, VERY new to Demiplane)

::EDIT:: OK, after poking around with the Character Creator more, I discovered you have to add the custom skill on the character sheet, untrained, and THEN go back to the character edit screen to train the skill. Kind of convoluted.

Yes, we plan to improve this process in the future. I will note that for any feat or character option that lets you select your choice of lore, we do have a custom lore field where you can type in whatever you want that to be, which is how we’ll eventually handle custom skills and lore going forward. :slight_smile: