I don't understand how to use Demiplane at all

I’m looking to run the quick start adventure on Monday with my online group so was looking for tools to help.

I’ve tried to set up a game on Demiplane, but I seem to be missing something. I’m mainly used to Roll20. Are you able to set up a game four your group in Demiplane? Or do you just use it for chat? I can see dice rollers in the group, but not the Daggerheart rollers - they just seem to be directly in the character sheets? Are they able to be linked into the group? Or do players just make the rolls on the character sheets and announce the results to the group?

Is there an equivalent of the Roll20 journal where the GM can control what handouts the players see?

And what does it mean to connect an Adventuring Platform? I’ve hooked up my group to my discord server, but not sure what that actually does. Rolls don’t seem to appear on Discord, which is what I would expect.

Currently you can’t join a character to a group. That’s still coming. So yeah, players make characters and they can share them with the share links to the group.

This is just a way to record what platform you play on. There isn’t any integration with those platforms though.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Demiplane started a few years ago with a focus on matchmaking, where you could find a group of players online or organize a group for paid games. We created “adventure portals” for groups that didn’t have other ways they were already playing (the various VTTs, Discord, or even Zoom), but the intent was you could keep doing what you were doing, but with newfound friends.

When I joined the company, because we saw significant demand among fans in the TTRPG space, we pivoted into making digital tools primarily focused on content and characters for games other than D&D (since the tools I started at DDB already had that covered). We are committed to the idea that all of these great games deserve great tools like D&D had.

With that said, Demiplane is not a virtual tabletop. We instead are focused on creating the best content and characters experience available for all the games we support. You can use our content tools (digital reader, game compendium) and character tools (builder and digital sheet) alongside any VTT, voice app, or even regular old physical table that you prefer, just like folks did with DDB.

Because we started with matchmaking and had some video, voice, and journaling tools to support that early on, we still have those legacy tools available since folks do certainly use them. The development path I’ve described would be the reason there isn’t much integration between those legacy tools and the new digital toolsets we’ve made, but we have big plans to revamp the entire groups portion of the platform to be fully integrated with the content and character tools on the roadmap. We’ll share more when we have updates on that front.

Cheers!