Incorrect Calculation for combination of Big/Small and Brawling/Evasion

Whenever you take the traits Big or Small and combine them with the defense substitution powers Brawling or Evasion, the modifier to your defense from your size is getting applied twice to the secondary defense. For example:

Big character with Brawling
Melee 5 / Melee Defense 14 (15 - 1 for size)
Agility 0 / Agility Defense 13 (Modified Melee Defense 14 - 1 for Size)

Small character with Evasion
Agility 5 / Agility Defense 16 (15 + 1 for Size)
Melee 0 / Melee Defense 17 (Modified Agility Defense 16 + 1 for size)

Hmm, I don’t see the same on my character. Could you drop a link to your affected character here? I’ll be happy to take a look!

It’s not a complete character, I was just testing this out. Maybe because the Melee is 0??

So I went back in to the character. Because I was only testing to see if that was an issue, I only selected the origin, the small trait, and the Evasion power. I bought Agility and Resilience up to 5. I had the issue then. I just went back and ‘completed’ the character, spending all the power slots, etc. It resolved itself. I am not sure where the glitch came in.

Thanks for the link and the additional steps! We’ll work on reproduction and see what we can figure out.

1 Like

Have the same issue here, on a finished character.

Neutrino

Thanks KevinH! Looks to be a different issue–but I saw your other thread and we’ll get that looked at. :blue_heart: