Initial Feedback

The button to confirm an ancestry wasn’t 100% intuitive. The position could be closer to the center.

The small boxes that show available ancestry, background, and class selections (feats etc) aren’t super obvious, meaning that a brand new player could miss them. The confirmed selection box is clear, maybe because it’s filled out with color and includes text in addition to just a number. So maybe change the color or look of the unselected boxes to more clearly indicate that the user has selections to make.

I really like the visualization of skill ranks. Makes it very easy to see what rank you are. Maybe something like this could be added to the character sheet.

3 Likes

Im gonna just piggy back on this thread since it’s title is quite apt.

Building:

1. LOADS of javacript errors during character creation, mostly GraphQL Update, or Icon Undefined is not supported.
  2. Character building is SLOW… I mean super slow. This might be a result of error and error recovery but super slow still.

Sheet:
First impression: Decent look.

1. I REALLY like the filters for action type AND the grouping of Basic, Specialty, Exploration, etc. BOTH of these are features I would have expected to come later in testing.
  2. Im an “old guy”(50’s) but even for me, there seems to be a larger than warranted font on the entire sheet.
  3. I like the drop down for sub actions from skills… will be helpful with feats that provide a bonus to an activity once it comes up.
  4. Feats/Features. Again, the filtering is a really nice touch.

With all that said, I tested this on a PC of course as requested. The big thing will end up being how does it look/work once you say it’s good to start testing on Tablets/Phones since that will likely be the primary driver for players until Print to PDF is available.

Thanks both for your feedback. We appreciate it!