Initial Impressions & Feedback

I have been playing around with the character tools for PF2e for the last week and i have a few take aways.
First off, it looks good. I think when its running well, it will be very good to use.
However, i have already experienced some roadbumps…

1. Its speed. I know that i shouldn’t expect lightning fast speed, but it does seem to suffer from clunking along a little too slowly when you go to change menus of any sort, or even load your character up.
  2. When using the site on a tablet (Samsung Galaxy 8.7"), you are unable to interact with the tools to level up a class. Selecting one of the level up features takes takes you to the class splash page.
  3. Also when using a tablet or phone, the page is not able to open to the proper size and routinely will not let you go to the bottom of the page to access something you may need.

There may be more feedback to give, but those three things seem to be impeding the actual testing of the system more than anything else.

Keep up the good work

Hello, and thanks for posting your thoughts. Here’s a reworked response I gave in another thread just before the holidays:

Excellent - that impressional feedback is what we are looking for at this stage in the Closed Alpha. It’s good to continue to hear that the overall feel and approach are on track. Now that we’re getting that validation, we can move forward to the next stages of development with confidence that we’re heading in the right direction.

Yes, there are many rough edges right now. I’ve discussed several of those in a couple of key posts here in the forums:

https://forums.demiplane.com/t/the-pathfinder-nexus-character-tools-closed-alpha-has-begun/1014/10
https://forums.demiplane.com/t/update-notes-12-9-2022-one-day-later/1042/8

The TL;DR for those posts is “Many things are not in place, polished, or working properly yet, but you will iteratively see all those gaps be filled in as we progress with Closed Alpha to the big milestone of the public Open Beta.”

Taking a quick glance at your list, I can confirm that we will be addressing all of the concepts you mention there, so those will be coming.

The Open Beta is the major inflection point for us where the character tools will be in a place where they support most any type of character, are polished to our high standard of quality, and ready for the masses to unleash their heroes!

Thanks again!

1 Like

Also, just wanted to say that the creator was worth the wait (Even if I was one of the people constantly asked “are we there yet?”)
I think once you have it up and running, it will be hard not to endorse Nexus for anyone coming into the PF2e space!

1 Like