Introducing Free League Nexus!

Hello everyone!

You’ve probably seen that Pathfinder Nexus is in Early Access, and World of Darkness Nexus is coming in 2022, but there’s more…

Free League Nexus is coming next year as well!

You can check out the full press alert below - we’ll keep you posted here and in all of our channels as we move into next year.

Demiplane Partners with Free League to Create Free League Nexus, the Official Digital Toolset and Game Companion for Free League Games

Share Epic Stories Digitally - Free League Nexus Launches in 2022

GREEN BAY, WI (December 14, 2021) – Demiplane announced today a multi-year licensing agreement with Free League to create Free League Nexus, the official digital toolset for tabletop roleplaying games from the award-winning publisher. Free League Nexus launches in 2022 with an Early Access phase to release beforehand to collect community feedback to shape the future of the digital toolset. Players can sign up for email updates and to be notified when Early Access is available at www.freeleaguenexus.com.

Watch the announcement trailer HERE

Free League Nexus enhances game sessions with planned features such as a digital reader, game rules compendium, character builder, and interactive character sheet. Free League Nexus will also feature an online playspace that allows fans to connect with other players through matchmaking and video chat, where all the other tools are fully integrated.

“Free League has taken the tabletop roleplaying space by storm in the last few years, publishing games that are steeped in masterful game design, unparalleled production value, and compelling storytelling potential,” said Adam Bradford, Chief Development Officer at Demiplane. “We’re thrilled to bring this kind of digital support to life for these incredible games–I can’t wait to use Free League Nexus at my own table!”

“Tabletop gaming and its communities have been moving online for years, and we want our games to be where gamers are. Free League Nexus on Demiplane is another major step for us in this direction. We don’t want gamers to choose between playing online or at a physical table– Free League Nexus gives them tools to enhance the experience for both,” said Tomas Härenstam, CEO of Free League Publishing.

Demiplane is a new platform that provides an ever-expanding experience that brings fans of tabletop roleplaying games together in one place with high-quality tools that make playing games better—including the upcoming official digital toolsets Pathfinder Nexus and World of Darkness Nexus.

Free League Publishing is known for creating perennial award-winning tabletop roleplaying games–each one as unique as the next. Free League Nexus will initially provide support for games utilizing the acclaimed Year Zero Engine, including ALIEN The Roleplaying Game, Vaesen, Forbidden Lands, Mutant: Year Zero, and Coriolis, with other games to be incorporated in the future.

ABOUT DEMIPLANE

Demiplane brings roleplaying fans together to make games better, providing high-quality tools to form groups and enhance the ways games can be played, shared, and explored. Launched in 2020 by lifelong friends and die-hard RPG players, Peter Romenesko and Travis Frederick, Demiplane looks to revolutionize how people engage with and enjoy roleplaying games. For more information, visit www.demiplane.com.

ABOUT FREE LEAGUE

Free League Publishing is a Swedish publisher and game creator dedicated to speculative fiction in various forms. They have created and published a range of award-winning tabletop role-playing games, board games and art books set in strange and wondrous worlds.

Free League’s game portfolio include the official ALIEN The Roleplaying Game (Gold ENNIE for Best Game 2020), the Nordic horror roleplaying game Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying (winner of three ENNIE Awards 2021), the pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG Mörk Borg (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2020), the alternate ’80s Tales from the Loop RPG (winner of five ENNIE Awards 2017, including Best Game) based on the worlds of the acclaimed Simon Stålenhag, the sandbox retro fantasy Forbidden Lands (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2019), the postapocalyptic Mutant: Year Zero (Silver ENNIE for Best Rules 2015), and the space adventure Coriolis–The Third Horizon (Judge’s Spotlight Award 2017) as well as the praised dark fantasy RPG Symbaroum. For more information, visit www.freeleaguepublishing.com.

5 Likes

Very excited to follow along (and maybe get involved in the early access to feedback)!

1 Like

Also very keen to help with early access feedback!

1 Like

Just got here - sort of unsure what this is really - it looks like a groupfinder. Does it have tools to include materials, share docs and characters, roll dice etc?

Love this and very open to provide early access feedback.

1 Like

Our platform’s first feature was game discovery, matchmaking, shared journaling, and video chat, and that is what is in place for use today.

Coming in 2022, we will introduce official digital toolsets for several popular games and systems, which will include features such as a digital reader, game rules compendium, character builder, digital character sheet, and more.

What that looks like will become much more clear in the first part of the new year - we’ll keep you posted!

I assume that will be part of the more detailed announcements, but just in case: it would be great if, going forward, you could also share how the integration strategy for Demiplane looks like. Most notably, will there be APIs, so people can build plugins, e.g. to sync characters with data in Foundry (or other VTTs), or maybe load assets from content I bought here on the map? (probably less relevant for Foundry, but useful for Owlbear Rodeo)

Very much hoping that Symbaroum is on the short list for inclusion in this launch or soon after, it is an amazing world and solid system.

1 Like

We’re not ready to share details on that yet - mainly because we’re focused on building the core toolset - but we’ll keep everyone posted as we’re ready to do so.

Our underlying quest is to help people play these games as conveniently as possible, so any of what you mention is a possibility and fits that bill!

3 Likes

Any further news on this? do we have a date?

Can’t wait to see how you guys integrate the rule sets for so many great games under the Free League banner. I’m a big fan of Vaesen and Symbaroum!

On a different note, it would be awesome if Demiplane had a roadmap page indicating where you’re at in development of all the new Nexus releases and what you’re targeted release dates are (similar to how video games do so…or even how authors provide writing and publication updates). I understand that dates can change, but that could be reflected in the roadmap. It’d be a great way to keep people checking back for when their favorite Nexus would be launching.

For example, this Nexus was announced 4 months ago. The last staff post was 3 months ago. Fans of Free League know this is coming this year…but we have no idea when. Is it Q2? Q3? Q4? It’d be great for fans & users of Demiplane and Free League games to have a place to easily check updates on the development of a product.

Thanks for posting and the feedback, we really appreciate it.

Through the years, I’ve learned that providing dates (even rough targets) lead to heartache for all sides, so we would not have a dedicated page with dates. Even if we put in huge bold letters at the top that dates are subject to change, it still would create some level of confusion and disappointment when the inevitable unknowns arise in the development cycle.

However, I understand and agree with the sentiment about being anxious to know more details about future things, and especially the desire to know where the thing you’re waiting for lands in the hierarchy of priorities and schedule. On that front, we share updates in our weekly Dev Update streams, and I have recently mentioned that Free League Nexus is still 100% planned to launch this year.

I know that not everyone can watch those streams (or skim the VOD), so we can think through some ways to highlight that information we’re sharing in other places like the Forums. One reason that hasn’t happened yet is with our small team, finding the bandwidth to propagate that information elsewhere has been difficult to this point. But we’ve heard that feedback and will look into making it happen.

Lastly, we’re very excited about bringing Free League content to life here on Demiplane, and even though I said we don’t give dates, I’ll vaguely say that we hope to have more to share closer to the middle of the year…

Thanks again!

Hey BadEye! Long time! lol

Has there been any official announcement about whether or not Mork Borg and Cy_Borg will be supported? I’m sorry I haven’t been able to tune into the Dev Updates.

Being such simplistic systems, I imagine the workload for digitizing those games would be far less than others, but also I’m not a programmer so I’m a bit out of my element with that assumption.

Very excited to get Forbidden Lands digital tools as well, as I can see that has been confirmed!

With Free League and their myriad partners, we’ve had to take an approach of securing licenses property by property. The intent is for us to have them all over time, but it takes time.

So nothing to report on Mork Borg yet, but we love that game and want to include it, so we’ll share more as we’re able. Thanks!

1 Like

I second @adventurefight on the topic

1- I was thrilled to find out that you work on another project for digital RPG @BadEye. I was a big fan of yours in your previous project. :wink:

2- I was about to ask for Mork Borg and Cy_borg too. I think they would be a great addition to the lineup.

Closing up by saying that I am really excited for this massive step up. So much game that I play with friend are now going BEYOND the book format.

Hopping on to this older Free League thread to ask if there are plans to add The Walking Dead to Demiplane. My players and I have just picked it up and it looks really fun. Would love to have the tools here to play it eventually.

Coriolis - The Great Dark Kickstarter mentions Alchemy VTT but there is no mention of Demiplane. Given the Free League ?partnership? you have can we expect this version of Coriolis to show up ?

The KS also mentions that the current Coriolis RPG version will no longer be developed, and this is basically second edition of Coriolis moving forward.

@MellieDM ?