Kingmaker Adventure Collection - Support Mega-Thread

Post any issues you discover as you explore Kingmaker (the adventure path, player’s guide, and companion guide) in this thread.

Thanks for helping us test and fine-tune during Early Access!

Hi there, I saw you guys have the full Kingmaker Hex Map ready to go!

When importing this map over to FoundryVTT, what should the Hex dimensions be?

Thank you so much for your time.

Edit: The dimensions for the Player spoiler free Non-Gridded version

Great question! I don’t actually know off the top of my head, as I’ve never set up a map in Foundry. Perhaps someone else in the community who’s more familiar can help?

I would count the number of horizontal and vertical hexes, download the gridless version and then match the number of hexes. Unfortunately Paizo is known for their non uniform grids so if you use a map from Paizo that has the grid on it, it’s incredibly difficult to get it to line up.

For me, default image size: 9277 x 3000 (You’d probably want to reduce that) Hex Row - Odd Background Image Scale: 1 Grid Size 325 gets me pretty close. You’ll notice some parts like mountains might end up a tiny bit in other hexes, but you could start there and adjust to your liking.

Using the ungridded, unmarked map of the Stolen Lands(9277x3000) 330ppi with a -20H and -120V offset seemed to line up the best when referencing the marked version.

2 Likes

There is a module called grid scaler that lets you change the size of the hex in real time and then slide the map over as needed. Works great I was able to get the grided stolen lands lined up perfectly in about 30 seconds.

3 Likes

PLAYER’S GUIDE:
The right-most column of the Suggested Character Options table is cut off:

BROWSER: Vivaldi (Chrome 94.0.4606.114) for Windows

If you go to the bottom of that table, there should be a scroll bar, but I’ll take this to the team so we can see if there’s anything we can do to make that more apparent from the top of the table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes - I see it now, sorry. It is pretty unobtrusive, so I thought it was a frame-size issue or something. Thanks!

Hi there, would it be possible to get a Gridless version for Oleg’s Trading Post if at all possible?

The file that we received from Paizo is the flattened jpeg with the grid on it. We’ll check with Paizo to see if it’s possible to get a version of that image without the grid, but often if they don’t send us a version of the file that can be adjusted, that it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

According to the player’s guide the kingmaker backgrounds should be rare, but miss the trait

The following → rare ← backgrounds are specifically tailored to fit the themes of the Kingmaker Adventure Path .

We’ve got that taken care of. Thanks for pointing it out! :slight_smile:

Demi-people found a problem with the very first Map in the Call for Heroes: Swordlord’s Feast chapter. If I click on the player version with grid I get an error, shown below. I was able to repeat this error on Edge and Chrome. I do not have a non-chromium browser.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>AS08H2YVFSJHEF5F</RequestId>
<HostId>Sl1/UAQ70XOBxG9b2ZpOyqmdjr/iFb8xo6JoDfzQJtglZ6Q27LxjrcQhcestLZo=</HostId>
</Error>
1 Like

Thank you for the report! This should now be fixed. :smile:

1 Like

Any chance there is a Digital Kingdom Sheet coming?

There’s a possibility we could do something like that, but if we do it would be on the mid-term or long-term roadmap.

2 Likes

Do it! That’s something Pathbuilder doesn’t have :wink:

1 Like