Mixed ancestry bug

1.5 update changed what is top ability and bottom ability of some ancestries and I cannot delete my old choice since it is not in the same place

You might be better off recreating a new version of your character from scratch, and deleting the old one once you’ve made sure everything is transcribed over.

Hi there Sea-Envy! I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. If you can drop me a link to your character I’d be happy to take a look!

I just ended up rebuilding and deleting the old build

1 Like

I had the same error recently and ended up doing the same thing (full rebuild) - but for the purpose of feedback I will give some more detail in case it is an inherent bug to be fixed.

I chose mixed ancestry, and had picked the Galapan trait Shell of Protection: Your shell provides a natural shield. Add your Proficiency to your armor score.

The other one I had chosen wa the Elven trait Celestial Trance: During a rest, you can drop into a trance and make an extra downtime move.

When I went to my character sheet, my armor score did, indeed, increase by +1 (he was lvl 1). Then I decided against it and swapped back to a full Elf character. When I returned to the character sheet, I still had the armor bonus.

I unequipped my leather armor, and the score dropped from 5 to 1 (it should have been 4 to 0). I returned to the character builder, and complete wiped out the heritage tab and returned to the character sheet to see that I still had 1 armor when naked. I repeated this for the armor selections with no improvement.

Eventually I just deleted the character, rebuilt him from ground up, and forgot about it until I saw this post…

Thank you so much for the detailed reproduction! I’ll get this added into the notes of our investigation.