Multiclassing Question (Thresholds)

I was playing around with a Warrior build, and I was thinking about MC’ing him to a Stalwart Guardian at L5.

If I do this, do I get to take advantage of the additional Threshold gains from 5-8 as well? The Warrior gets +1/+3 (Major/Severe), while the Guardian gets +2/+4 respectively.

If so, it’s only a +3 net gain for each over the 3 levels, and then both of them get +2/+4 starting at lvl 8, but every bit helps, and I don’t see an explanation for this in the rules (AFAIK).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Multiclassing only grants you some aspects of a class, notably:

When you multiclass, you will get to choose an additional class to take a domain from, and gain access to that class’ Class Feature… Take the appropriate Multiclass Module and add it to the right side of your character sheet, then choose a Foundation card from a subclass of your choice. If that Foundation card has a Spellcast Trait on it, you can choose to use that trait when making a Spellcast roll.

So you don’t gain the multiclassing options for the new class (which include the threshold increases), only the one for your initial class. Multiclassing instead grants you:

• A third domain
  • A class feature
  • A foundation card for one of the subclasses
  • (If applicable) a second optional spellcast trait

Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense. Hopefully the DH team will make that clear in the release notes as well.