Need to log in every time I open in the web

It’s as the title says, even if I close it for 1 hour, I need to re-login. This takes loading time since I see the drop page and then I need to wait for it to load then log in, if every one of your users needs to do this, and you have 100 users, we all waste 10 secounds a day, which is 60 hours a year togther, and I bet you got more then 100 users, so you are wasting ppls time. Please let us stay loged in for at least a week before you push us out.

Hello and thanks for posting.

We have identified a bug that requires a re-login whenever all of your Demiplane tabs are closed on your browser. It is certainly not intended for you to have to log in again under those circumstances and we’re working to address it.

But thank you for the colorful reinforcement of our core mission to save people time…I promise we will give those 60 hours back to you and everyone else once that is fixed and we keep pushing out all the other things!

2 Likes

As someone with ADHD whose attention span has been smashed to bits by phones and computers, this is a catastrophic situation. Every time I excitedly open a bookmark to a rulebook I’m reading through, my joy turns to ashes in my mouth as I realize I have to wait a few more seconds and click a few more things before I get to go to my bookmark.

I don’t know how much longer I can live like this, life is so bleak and grey. Will I ever be happy again? Will I ever get to click my bookmark and immediately start reading? No one knows… This might be all that life will ever have to offer.

Hi BadEye, not OP but I am also & still having this problem, 5 months since you posted that you’re working on it. Is there now a fix I can apply myself, or is this an ongoing problem that you’re having trouble resolving?

We addressed the issue for the bulk of the cases, but are aware that a login is still required after a computer restart. Some other priorities have been in progress, but resolving that is on our short list.

Thanks!

1 Like

Each morning, despite not restarting my computer, I’m required to log back in and find my place in the 2-3 books I was reading. This becomes challenging without a bookmark feature. I hope to see a solution soon.

We aren’t able to reproduce (and we haven’t heard any reports) of needing to log back in unless a restart is involved.

Could you please share more details - which browser and operating system are you using?

Sure! - I have experienced having to log back in on all three

MacBook Pro M2 - macOS Ventura Version 13.5.2 MS Edge Version 117.0.2045.31 (Official build) (arm64)

iPad Pro 5th Gen iOS 16.6.1 - MS Edge v 116.0.1938.72

iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.6.1 - MS Edge v 116.0.1938.79

Thanks in Advance for having the team look into this.

I frequently use the ‘read aloud’ feature in Edge, which might be contributing to my issue. I’m seeking assistance to test on Macs both with and without readers, and I’m also looking for help to do similar testing on Windows. I will update if there is additional information found.

I’ve added all this information into our ticket, to look further into what may be causing the issue, but as I’m sure you already know, Chrome is currently the only browser we have full support for. Everything else is a work in progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully it is just me. If not we have it documented. Thank you and the Demiplane team for making a wonder platform.

This is still a problem, and it’s my #1 irritation with Demiplane. Want to look something up? Well, my bookmark just brings me to sign-in and then I have to find and reopen the specific bookmark again. Just set a longer expiration, please.

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve been using the service for just about a year now, and I’m responding a year after the original post; I have to sign in literally every time I come to Demiplane and its annoying AF. Can you please add a “Remember Me” button or something? I used your previous service that you created for YEARS and logged into that ONCE per device, ever. And never had to log in again. Why am I forced to log in constantly to Demiplane?

Posting here because I agree, it’s very annoying.

While this was addressed a while ago and is not affecting most, we have been able to reproduce the issue with a couple of our team members, so there looks to be some edge cases that we will track down and resolve.

Thanks for the reports - we wouldn’t know there was an issue without them. We’ll share news when we have it fixed.

2 Likes