No Progress, No Updates, Whats the Deal Demiplane?

When launched it was stated we would get many features of Early Access by end of year. Now two weeks into the new year we have nothing. No new books on the reader. No Compendium. No Update. Nada. Zip.

Have you guys stretched yourself to thin by working on too many projects (World of darkness etc) without delivering what was promised in Pathfinder Nexus?

Just gonna take the money and run?

As someone who invested in Pathfinder Nexus, I am not very happy with demiplane right now and would not recommend it to anyone until you get your %^&% together.

While I feel progress has been slow, their communication about it hasn’t been anything but on point. The Tuesday twitch update, the discord, and even the forums all have information.

The Lost Omens line is due out sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I hope the character builder isn’t too far behind, because imo that’s where Nexus should shine.

It’s important to remember this is early access and will continue to be early access.

Edit:
It also doesn’t help when they released early access before the holiday season.

Hello @gmjib - thanks for the interest in what we’re doing with Pathfinder Nexus.

I see that you’re frustrated, and sharing this took time on your end, so I’ll reply to each of your questions in turn:

We shared when we announced that Early Access was extending through the winter, and I also shared that we targeted getting Lost Omens content added by the end of the year. We didn’t hit that target with the Lost Omens content (we had some COVID-related delays in the game content team), but we believe we’re on track for the end of January.

We also are continuing to make great progress on the two remaining phases of Early Access - the Game Compendium and Character Management. You can expect to see the Game Compendium (game rule listings and mechanic “primers” with advanced filtering) going live in the next few weeks.

One of the messages that we don’t think we communicated effectively enough when we announced Pathfinder Nexus is that it was an announcement, not a launch. The launch is coming the first half of this year and we are still on track for that.

As for updates, those will resume now that the team is coming back from the holiday break.

Have you guys stretched yourself to thin by working on too many projects (World of darkness etc) without delivering what was promised in Pathfinder Nexus?

No, that’s not how what we’re doing works. Pathfinder Nexus is our first (and technically only, as I’ll explain in a moment) priority at this stage.

We are building a platform, and that platform will be powered by an engine that will allow us to support all of the games we have announced partnerships with (and several more that will be announced this year). We are building that for Pathfinder first, so those other games are actually “in line” behind it. Nothing is taking away from that critical path.

Something that might help is for me to share that though we announced Pathfinder Nexus at the end of October, we also didn’t start building it until a couple of weeks before that - again, that was simply the announcement, and we have the Early Access phase where we can iteratively release things as they are ready for feedback as we develop them. Given that timeline, we aren’t taking that long to get where we are, and you’ll see even more with the next phase this month.

Just gonna take the money and run?

Absolutely not. We shared that Pathfinder Nexus is open for pre-orders and Early Access right now, and launch is on the way the first part of this year. Nothing has changed with that.

I am not very happy with demiplane right now and would not recommend it to anyone until you get your %^&% together.

Understood, and that’s a perfectly valid stance for you to take at this stage in the lifecycle of Pathfinder Nexus. I would encourage you to let your opinion fully form as we get to the full launch, or even in the next month or two as we introduce the other phases of Early Access. There is plenty more coming and we are already seeing a huge difference in how convenient Nexus is to use in our own Pathfinder games as we’re testing internally.

We’ll keep everyone posted on the progress - thanks!

10 Likes