Pathfinder Primer - Support Mega-Thread

Post any issues you discover as you explore the Pathfinder Primer in this thread.

Thanks for helping us test and fine-tune during Early Access!

The Free Primer can’t be read or accessed without a Demiplane account. It would help users get a better first look at Pathfinder Nexus if it could.

Thanks for the feedback - we’ll add it to the list to review.

Table 10–10: Character Wealth

There is a formatting error for Table 10–10: Character Wealth:
level 10 and 11 are mashed together, as are level 14 and 15.

thanks for that report lolipopcandy. I have gone ahead and updated that table in both the primer and core rulebook.

Thank you!

i was wondering if parts in the primer an rulebooks that have like some key info could be bolder an/or different from the other text kind of like this for example

Calculating Check Results If you have more than one bonus or penalty of a particular type, apply only the highest Number on the die + Ability modifier + Proficiency bonus Circumstance bonus Status bonus Item bonus + Circumstance penalty Status penalty Item penalty All untyped penalties = Result

We’ll see what we can do - as a general rule, we try to stick as close to the book formatting as possible, but we also try to take advantage of the digital medium to enhance where we can. Thanks!

The Playing the Game chapter are not working.

Thanks for the report. This should be fixed up!

In Chapter 9: Playing the game, there are multiple areas where it says: “The Following Formula” and then there’s an empty block of space where I assume text or a formula should be. I’ve tried disabling all my extensions and addons in both firefox and chrome, it doesn’t appear to be a problem on my end.

Great catch! Those are all fixed now - thanks!

There still appears to be a few sections that look empty but maybe shouldn’t be. The attack rolls and saving throws sections seem to have the same problem.

All fixed! Thanks for finding those!

I am just starting to explore pathfinder (actually my first foray into any TTRPG). One problem I have found that makes the primer really hard to use, especially for someone new, is that any time I follow a link to read something and then try to go back, the page I was on is reloaded and it puts me back at the top.

Having to constantly find my place again in a chapter makes reading very laborious. I imagine it would be a nightmare to read on the iPad also, which is where I planned to use this content most often. Tabs in Safari on the iPad can reload on returning to the browser if the memory was needed by something else in the meantime. Most web pages reload back to the spot you were at and it is hardly noticeable. The way Demiplane works it would put me back at the top of the chapter on every reload, which would make it unusable.

This particular issue makes me hesitant to invest in buying books on the Pathfinder Nexus. There doesn’t seem to be much point in having books in a format that is hard to read because I keep losing my place.

Thanks for the post and sharing your feedback.

I can confirm that polishing the Back / Forward navigation between pages is 100% on our list to address as we get further down the road in Early Access. This would likely come as part of the work where we start to look at bookmarks / favorites in the digital reader.

In the meantime, something I do myself that could potentially help you out as a workaround, you can long tap / right click and open links to a new tab. I can still see what I wanted to go to and close that new tab if I want to return to where I was. Might not work as well for you, but I thought I would share in case.

Thanks again!

1 Like