Pets, Companions, and Summoned Creatures

First a general question. Assuming integration with Roll20, what is the suggested method for giving access to summoned creatures to a PC? I can’t add them to Companions or Pets tabs. I can give control of the sheet to a player, but if I do, then they controll ALL of that creature.
My current method is to add a blank character sheet, copy all the creature stats to it, then make 6 or more macros in the ability tab to let them roll attacks, etc. It isn’t good.

Second but related question. The Technomancer is officially out now YAY! It has a minion ability to summon a Minibot. How do I add this to their sheet? It really should be in the companion or pets tab, as it is essentially always out and repairs on their focus time.

Hey Parsival, I asked our resident Pathfinder/Starfinder expert how he would do this and I’m going to pass along his notes verbatim!

You can add a separate version of the creature and give the PC control of that sheet. There’s absolutely no need to create a blank sheet and manually copy stuff to it. NPC sheets are not unique, and you can rename them. For the Witchwarper in my game who summons things, I actually have a subfolder with all of her summon sheets in it.

They can do the same with the minibot. The minibot has an NPC sheet that can be customized too. It’s not an animal companion or a familiar so there’s no need for it to interact with the companion tab. Which is better for the player since I don’t think the current level of integration has any ability to interface with the companion / familiar sub-sheet…

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please feel free to let us know!

Awesome, how do I add a second version? There is no way to add NPCs for starfinder that I have found other that what I described. I love roll 20 and I’ve been using it for 13 years. The demiplane integration is awful. Any guidance on how to do any of the things you suggested would be great.

You’d go into the Compendium, navigate to the creature you’re wanting to add and then click the Add button again. That should get a second sheet into the game for that creature.

1 Like

Adding the second version was what I was missing. Otherwise, they controlled all of that creature. I also found where I can rename and alter the creature. Clicking on the Creature -1 (or whatever CR it is) gets you into the editing mode. After you make changes, you have to go into the edit gear at the top and save to keep the new name and any additions. Now it is unique.

thank you for your help.