Please Teach Me to Play Vampire the Masquerade

Hey there. So, I just made my first Vampire the Masquerade character. His name is Solomon Becker. He was recently changed, and is trying to figure “unlife” out. He’s Jewish, and blood is not Kosher (to say the least), so he’s struggling with that. He has burn scars on his forearm from wrapping tefillin after the Embrace.

So, the thing is, I need someone to teach me how to play this. If possible, I’d like this to be one-on-one, play-by-post, when available. Please let me know if you are interested.

1 Like

I find Vampire is perfect for what you’re describing. This is actually how my girlfriend and I learned to play when we first picked up the core rulebook! We read the book, I made lots of notes, and we played some 1-on-1 sessions and absolutely fell in love with this system.:smiley:

I hope you find somebody who can help you with this. I’m tempted to offer, but I know I wouldn’t have the time. :weary:

In any event, thank you for the encouragement.

So, not going to lie, this site seems rather dead for what I’m trying to do. The truth is, I really miss text-based and play-by-post roleplaying, especially one-on-one, but I can’t find any site where I can do that without people wanting to engage in “that” kind of roleplay, which I refuse to do. I know this is no one’s fault or anything, and I’m not mad, but I am a bit sad, and just felt like expressing it a little.

Yes, this site doesn’t have a strong roleplaying community yet. I’m sorry you haven’t found what you’re looking for—it can be difficult in any circumstances to find the roleplay group that’s right for you. I know you said you’ve checked other sites—I assume that means you also checked the VtM or LFG subreddits? I only mention those places because they’re the first places I thought of.

If I ever get some free time between chronicles, I’d like to do some Vampire teaching games. At that time, on the off chance you’re still around, you’re not in a game, and you’re still looking to learn, I’m more than willing to help. If it happens to line up.

Good luck, all the same. I hope you find what you’re looking for!

Thank you for your kind words, crookedcrown.