Proficiency without Level

Hi Demiplane,
Great job on the character builder, it is really shaping up to be a great tool…!

I started testing the tool back in early days of the closed alpha, but have been away for some time now. Saw today that it had moved to open beta, so I hurried back to check it out.

I know that the open beta just begun, but I am really looking forward to move my players from Hero Lab Online over to this platform, as it already solves some frustrating issues we have with HLO.
However, we are using “Proficiency without Level” variant rule as well as “Free Archetype” and Ancestral Paragon.

I noticed that the “Free Archetype” option was available under the rules section, but I could not see the others listed anywhere. I’m guessing that the other variant rule options are not yet available since we are in the early beta stage.

I tried reading the FAQ, the developer updates and on the forum, but I could not find any mention of the variant rules or any timeline.

So my question is this. Can you give any timeline estimate on where on your huge to-do list, variant rules are on your schedule, especially the Proficiency without Level variant rule, as it is an absolute must-have for our group to play PF2E.

Thanks in advance.
Again great job so far on the character builder, really looking forward to more of this, we can’t wait to jump on board…!

Kind regards
Zeepee

Hi Zeepee,

While we can’t give a timeline at this point, I can share that we plan to incorporate variant rules as we go. I know that we’ve had some preliminary discussions about other variant rules, but that also doesn’t mean that anything will be added to the beta build in the short-term.

The best place to stay up-to-date on what variant rules may be coming out will be either our Dev Update streams on Tuesday mornings on our Twitch channel, or the update notes here in the forums. :slight_smile:

I’ve actually just been informed that both Proficiency without Level and Ancestral Paragon were added in today’s update that just went out, so I stand corrected.

Feel free to go take a look and make sure those options are working correctly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice…! :slightly_smiling_face:

Fantastic work guys, thanks a lot… :+1: