Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS: How to Redeem Hardcover + NEXUS bundles

If you’re like us, you’ve wanted the ability to buy the digital toolset version of a game book along with the physical copy of the book itself.

We’ve taken the first step towards offering that with the Early Access launch of the Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS. The process isn’t perfect, but we feel like it’s a step in the right direction. Here’s how it works for now:

Through a special agreement with Renegade Games Studios, Demiplaners can buy hardcover+NEXUS bundles on the “Sources” area of the Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS:

An important note here is that we don’t currently have the ability to calculate what shipping and handling costs will be for your address since that technical bit is part of Renegade’s checkout process. It’s definitely something we’d like to be able to do in the future, but for now just know that there will probably be some additional shipping cost based on your location.

After you complete your purchase on Demiplane, we’ll email you a special one-time use code. This code gives you a 100% discount on the NEXUS edition you just purchased, redeemable on the Renegade Games Studios online store.

Once you have that code, go to the Renegade Games Studios online store for your country/region (USA, UK, or EU), select the hardcover version of the book and go through the regular checkout process.

Enter the code in the coupon/gift certificate area and the price of the book will be reduced to $0.00. Note that any shipping and handling costs will still apply.

That’s it!

In the future, Renegade Games Studios will offer a similar bundle on their store with a discount code for the Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS edition. We’ll continue to work on ways to make the process smoother and easier for everyone, and if you have thoughts or suggestions be sure to leave them in the comments for us.

3 Likes

Is there a way currently, or will there be a way in the future, if you already own the pdfs through renegade, to be able to confirm that through demiplane and use the sources here? Or will we all have to re-purchase the digital sources through demiplane to use them here?

Hi magentaformula0, welcome to Demiplane!

We are working with Renegade to find a way to reward pre-existing fans that have already bought these books, and that work includes those who purchased the book in PDF as opposed to hardcover. We’ll hopefully be able to share more details as to what that means Soon™!

2 Likes

Any news on that front? I have physical copies with all the books, with codes for PDF I haven’t redeemed yet.

Unfortunately not yet, but we continue to have these discussions and hopefully will come up with a path forward that we’ll be able to share. Thanks for the follow-up!

I just wanted to check in and see if there was any update. Thanks for your time and all your hard work on this.

Thanks for checking in. No news at this time.

Hello,
Have we had any luck on what you guys can do for people who already bought all the books?

Hi there ramerrit89! There is no news for us to share at this time.

So it’s been a year and a half since this was asked. Has any headway been made on this? I appreciate the tools that the VTM Nexus provides and I would happily pay a small subscription fee to use the features on the site but I am not going to pay full price for access to books I already have in both hardcopy and PDF. TTRPG books are already prohibitively expensive for most gamers and the Nexus just doesn’t bring enough to the table to warrant these redundant purchases.

1 Like

I’ll put a pin in this one here and share that our attempts to provide a discount code for folks that purchased through the Renegade store did not materialize, and we do not expect to see anything further on this specific topic.

We have some hardcover + digital NEXUS version bundles available in our store that are a great way to grab both products, and we will continue to make the growing Vampire catalog available on Vampire NEXUS.

While the first part of the statement here is highly subjective, I will say that Demiplane will continue to explore ways we can provide the best value for the money fans will spend.

That brings me to the second half of the statement, which I naturally disagree with…we have heard from thousands of fans that Vampire NEXUS is invaluable for their games and worth the cost. It might not meet that threshold for you at this time, but I encourage you to continue to check back in the months to come to see how it will continue to get more and more valuable as we continue to expand.

Thanks!

How long does receiving the code for Renegade usually take?
I have yet to receive my code after purchasing.

If you haven’t received that email within 24 hours, please send us a support ticket: https://demiplane.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new