Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus Frequently Asked Questions

Hello and welcome to our list of Frequently Asked Questions for Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus. My name is Mellie, and I’m the Director of Community & Content here at Demiplane.

Here you’ll find answers to your questions about the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus and how to get started. If you have any questions that you can’t find the answer to below, please feel welcome to ask by replying to this thread. Thank you for joining us - we’re excited to be your official digital companion!

What is Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus?

Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus is an official digital toolset for the World of Darkness roleplaying game Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition. There you can read the digital rulebooks in our Digital Reader, as well as a companion digital toolset that includes a Game Compendium that contains all of the Clans, Powers, Disciplines, and more to make playing and running the game easier than ever.

Is Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus affiliated with World of Darkness and Renegade Games?

Yes! We have officially partnered with Renegade Games to provide digital tools for playing their Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition roleplaying game.

What is Demiplane?

Demiplane is the place for digital tools, content, and services to discover, prepare, and play all your favorite tabletop roleplaying games. Demiplane empowers tabletop roleplaying game fans to make every game better by providing high-quality digital tools that support in-person and virtual play. On Demiplane, TTRPG enthusiasts access tools to discover new games, new players, form groups and enhance the ways games can be played, shared, and explored.

What is a tabletop roleplaying game?

A tabletop roleplaying game is an interactive storytelling game and experience for a group of players, one of whom takes on the role of Game Master (referred to as Storyteller in Vampire: The Masquerade.) The Storyteller directs the gameplay, and each other player assumes the role of a character within the fictional setting described by the game and the Storyteller. The Storyteller describes the setting and the scenario and the players describe the actions that their characters take in response. Through this process, players navigate a multi-faceted, dynamic story.

What is a digital toolset?

A digital toolset is a term we use to describe the comprehensive set of features that you’ll have access to through Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus. Our digital toolset includes a collection of official books that have already been released for the game, and will expand in the coming months to include all pre-released material. Released material is available in a Digital Reader and a fully-searchable Game Compendium, all of which is integrated with our Group Video Portals on Demiplane!

What is a digital sourcebook?

A digital sourcebook is a digital version of Vampire: The Masquerade that is also fully searchable online and comes with a digital toolkit! You can discover all of the available content, including the free Vampire: The Masquerade Companion, here.

Can I access the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus on mobile or tablet?

Yes! The Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus will be available to use on desktop, tablet, and mobile browser screens.

How do I access the digital sourcebooks I've purchased?

You can access digital sourcebooks directly through the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus.

When will (previously released official book) become available on Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus?

Demiplane does not provide release dates, but we will make announcements across these forums, as well as our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord when a new title is available to pre-order or purchase.

Does Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus help with character creation?

It will! We plan to have a character builder that you can use during character creation, as well as a fully interactive character sheet that you can use during play once you’ve finished planning your character.

Does Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus work for previous editions of Vampire: The Masquerade?

Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus currently supports the most recent edition of the game, which is the 5th edition. We currently have no plans regarding support for previous editions.

Does the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus accept international payments?

Yes, we do!

Help! I purchased a digital book, but I can't access it. What do I do?

We’re sorry to hear that you cannot access your new book! Please reach out to our Support team and we will get that resolved for you as quickly as we can.

If I delete my Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus account, will I still have access to my digital sourcebooks?

Unfortunately if you delete your account you will no longer have access to any of the sources that were purchased with your account.

Can I get a refund?

Digital items are not returnable or refundable. See our Terms of Sale for the full details on making purchases on Demiplane.

If I purchase several books at once, is there a discount?

There are bundles of books available when deciding what Vampire: The Masquerade books to purchase for your Nexus. A bundle offers you all of the content it lists with a discount for buying them all together!

If I already own physical copies of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition, can I get a discount or redeem a copy for free?

At this time there is no option to access a digital copy of your previously purchased Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition books. Our team is looking for ways to address this and thank long-time World of Darkness fans in the future.

Can I purchase a physical and digital copy for a discounted price on Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus?

Yes! You can learn more about purchasing a physical and digital bundle of Vampire: The Masquerade titles in our Nexus here.

Once I've purchased content on Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus, can I share it with my playgroup?

Here at Demiplane, we call the ability to share your books with those you game with ‘content sharing’. Content sharing is not yet available for Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus, but is planned as a future feature.

Where can I provide feedback or ask questions?

The best place to provide feedback or ask questions is here in our Forums! You can also contact our Support team, or visit us on our Discord.

Do I have to pay to use Demiplane?

Demiplane offers a variety of features that enhance your gameplay that are free to use. Matchmaking, video and voice, shared journaling, and other gamespace features remain free to use. Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus includes the free Vampire: The Masquerade Companion. Other content is integrated after being unlocked by purchasing it in the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus.

How / Where do I create a Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus account? Is it separate from my Demiplane account?

On Demiplane, you have one account to rule them all! Create a free account to access both Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus and Demiplane here.

How can I keep up to date on Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus news and releases?

Excellent question! You can keep up to date on the Vampire: The Masquerade Nexus by following Demiplane here on our forums, on our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, by jumping directly into our Discord community, or by tuning into our weekly Dev Updates on Twitch. Don’t worry - we won’t be shy about sharing updates as soon as we can!

For more information about the Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS, click here.

Didn’t find an answer to your question? Go ahead and ask them in this thread!

Thank you, and may your hunger be ever sated.

Mellie @ Demiplane

2 Likes

If I have previously purchased official sourcebooks for VTM 5E, can i add them to my Nexus account?

At this time there is no option to access a digital copy of your previously purchased Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition books. Our team is looking for ways to address this and thank long-time World of Darkness fans in the future!

3 Likes

Noice! Looking forward to when that happens so i can use this site for my VTM campaigns!

1 Like

Can I share the books I buy with my gaming group and if so can I limit the options available to them?

We plan to roll out our Content Sharing feature in the future. We’re still working through some of the details for how it will work, but we’ll share more as soon as we can! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any word on whether already owning a copy of a book will give me access to the sources on here? I bought three digital books without knowing about this website, and I can’t use any of the tools without buying more copies?

Hi oddsocksr, we did have a discount code that was active for the first few months when Vampire NEXUS launched, but I don’t know if it’s still active. The code is VITAE2022. You’re welcome to try it and report back, since I don’t recall off the top of my head how long it was supposed to be active for. The intention there was to let existing VTM players get their books here without paying full price, but we don’t have any plans in place beyond that code at this time.

okay well I guess I’ll have to wait till I decide to get a bit more serious, and buy digital copies here maybe when I decide to get the other source expansions like blood gods, and Sabbat when that comes out.

Any updates on when will Content Sharing be implemented for VTM content?
To be perfectly clear this is the only thing stopping me from buying the full bundle; I will not do so unless it’s implemented or there’s a set date for when it’s coming out.

Hi! Yes Content Sharing on Demiplane is now available. A Demiplane Membership subscription allows you to share ALL of your Demiplane content (including Vampire the Masquerade) with a group of friends you choose.

1 Like

Hello, is it already possible to play V5 through Demiplane? To be clear, what I am asking is if the Demiplane has dice rollers, functional sheets for player characters, support for SPC sheets, etc.

Not yet. They are working on the infrastructure for the character sheets, which will see alpha testing in the no so distant future.

That’s correct. We’ve been laying the groundwork for the Vampire character tools for some time now. We don’t have a target date yet for when it will be available, but it is in the works! :slight_smile:

Are there any updates as to when the Vampire character tools will be available?

We are actively working on VtM character tools and they will be available this year.

Now that the Pathfinder character tools are in open beta, we’re seeing the groundwork we’ve laid pay off massively as we work on our second set of character tools (Avatar Legends). The process for developing a new set of character tools can be measured in a number of weeks, not months, which means that we’ll likely have updates to share about when you can expect the Vampire character tools to release in the near future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

As are we! It’s going to be a powerful tool for new and veteran VtM players alike!

1 Like

Hi, if we got digital copies of the books from the renegade store, is there a way to have the books in here as well or is buying them back here the only way?