Renegade pulling out of DTRPG

I noticed that Renegade Game Studios pulled completely out of DTRPG. How will this affect its relationship with Demiplane (specifically sales of Vampire, Hunter and Werewolf products), since they are owned by the same company?

I am on the DTRPG site atm and all renegade is still available and purchasable. Where did you hear that renegade pulled out of DTRPG?

Sorry. It was a glitch in my system. Never mind.

Although it is worth noting that if DTRPG offers the same product at close to the same price and a significantly earlier release date, I’m probably going to pick DTRPG even though I really prefer Demiplane’s product format (reading it right here on the site like on DDB instead of downloading it to your phone; it’s a lot easier). I did that with Alma Maters. Or maybe they don’t care because it’s all going into the same pocket since it’s the same parent company?

I take it back, partially. Demiplane’s product format is so much better than DTRPG’s that I probably am going to wait for In Memoriam to come out on the Demiplane Vampire nexus next year. But like it’s been over a year and we don’t have a Werewolf nexus yet, so if we still don’t have one by the time Wyrmtide comes out next year, I’m just going to buy it on DTRPG.

Hi Cesario624!

As you discovered, nothing’s changed on the DTRPG side. :smiling_face:

We absolutely plan to continue to support Vampire (and Hunter), however our friends at Renegade have a period of exclusivity, so we aren’t able to have the Demiplane version up immediately on the day-of release. We work as quick as we can from the moment we receive files to get titles up as soon as we can. (I’m PUMPED for In Memoriam next year, so you can bet once we get a hold of those files I’ll be pumping that one out ASAP)

Very excited that we have Fall of London and Gehenna War both releasing this Thursday! Hope you enjoy them. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

Don’t worry. Demiplane’s product format is much better than DTRPG’s, but both are infinitely better than buying from Renegade directly. Buying from Renegade means you don’t have a digital library where you can store your books. They just send you an email with the product attached and you have to hope you don’t accidentally delete that email. I feel much more comfortable with a digital library like Demiplane (and DTRPG) provides.

Actually, as it turns out, you guys have Gehenna War available before DTRPG, so that makes me really happy! Thank you :blush:.

1 Like

We do it for you :wink: (Also for myself. Very pumped about Gehenna War!)