I know an app is not in the works for Pathfinder Nexus or any of the others. But would it be possible to set them up so browsers like Chrome and Firefox that recognize it can prompt users to save the page to their homescreen or desktop as a PWA app? I, for one, really prefer having a separate, dedicated PWA on my homescreen for the Pathfinder Nexus, but having it with a full icon would be a nice way to split the difference between a native app and the PWA. For comparison, see the screenshot below: TheCrawler icon is a PWA from their site (that prompts users when they navigate there to save it to their homescreen) versus the same function with the PF2 Nexus.
Seconded …
Agreed! This would be awesome!
yeah… given how trivial it is to set up a PWA since all it really does is hide the browser’s UI and make it a separate window… I really wish they’d do this.
This most likely got lost in the shuffle at some point but I’ll go ahead and resurface it so that the team can investigate further.
I remember this working a while back (but now with specific icons)but then something changed and i cant install anymore. I liked banning each of the nexus as pwa instead of just opening my browser with other tabs as well.
It’s been over a year since the last dev comment suggesting this was still on the to-do list. Any movement? With more and more Nexuses (Nexi?) getting added, it would be really great if PWA icons could be installed on mobile home screens for each of them!
Just to be clear I’m not actually a developer I’m with our game content team and like to help out here on the forums as much as possible. That said I’m not certain where this sits in the dev team’s priorities. My understanding is that it’s not completely off the table but it’s not something that’s currently being worked on either. What I can do is get eyes back on the ticket I made and let them know that this is something folks are still asking for.
Thank you, Eve! Sorry for my misunderstanding about your role, but I really appreciate you helping out here in the forums and supporting our oddball requests. ![]()
