Slashing Gust Damage

Something is not quite right with the Damage for the Slashing Gust spell. A screenshot of the More Info panel shows that it seems to have no dice in the normal damage area so the dice don’t show up with Less Info and the base damage dice are not heightened properly.

As an aside, I’ve noticed that when you expand More Info for any attack the extra info for the non-critical damage shows the dice for both normal damage and the dice for any effect that only occur on a critical. In the Slashing Gust you can see the persistent bleed listed, on my character’s Katana attack I see the Deadly dice listed under the normal hit area. It’s just a little confusing.

@MellieDM any chance of taking a look at this? This seems like an easy fix where the 2d4 just gets moved to normal spell damage as it follow the “normal” rules for spell critical effects (double damage on crit) and then the 1d4 bleed is just a critical only effect in a similar way to how deadly dice are critical only for weapons? Maybe under the hood though spells don’t follow the same rules as weapons?

Thanks for the tag, I missed this one in my scan of the forums. We’ll take a look!

1 Like

I took a circle back on this and the damage is more obvious in the UI know but it still doesn’t heighten correctly. I think it should be 3d4 slashing and 2d4 bleed when it’s heightened

to rank 2

This one is still in our ticket backlog, unfortunately! We’ll hopefully be able to address it soon. :blue_heart:

1 Like