So now what?

Many of us have purchased books, if not an entire library, on this platform. Some of those are on Roll20, some are not. What happens next?

Nothing is changing on Demiplane, so all of your content, characters, books, and everything else is still here and ready to play with!

For a number of our publishers (the list is ever-growing, but in this exact moment that includes Paizo, Kobold Press, Darrington Press, and Paradox Interactive (Vampire, Hunter)), we’ve been able to work out a deal to allow a like-for-like syncing. This mean that if you own a title on Demiplane, we’ll get it to you on Roll20, and vice-versa. The exact mechanics of this is in development, so we’ll share more as that continue to develop!

We’re also working on answering the question of what happens if you have a book in both places. We’ll share more as we sort out all those details!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed that free league allow that sync. Already bought alien content here and foundry vtt . At least foundry is a once off purchase. By all accounts roll20 is far more user friendly but has another subscription… which leads to the obvious question:

If I have a demiplane subscription allowing me to share my books will that become a roll20 subscription where I can do the same?

It’s the only reason I have a sub - to share content and create characters.

I’m sure you don’t have the answers yet and it will be dependent on each publisher to agree which will take time. I doubt there will be any more purchases till it’s clear though.

So how about The Tales of the Valient character builder. Will we still be getting it.

Will the Starfinder Nexus still be launching next month with the release of the Play Test?

Currently there are no plans to integrate subscriptions between the two–but that doesn’t mean it’s outside of the realm of possibility if it’s something folks would love to see. Drop it into the survey (I believe the survey will stay up for the rest of today, but there will be more surveys in the future!): Help us shape the future of Roll20 and Demiplane!

So how about The Tales of the Valient character builder. Will we still be getting it.

Yep! Our 5e Nexus development is continuing, which will include ToV support.

Will the Starfinder Nexus still be launching next month with the release of the Play Test?

The playtest launches in August, and we will be there with bells on! And by bells, I mean character tools, digital books, and on-site listings. We’re SUPER excited!

2 Likes

I hope this goes well, and I reeeally hope the content is made available cross platform without having to purchase again. That will be the deal breaker for most.

It sounds like having a demiplane sub won’t be relevant so far as roll20 goes. So, no benefit will be realised by a demipane subscriber with roll20 acquiring them. You just keep using Demiplane as you always did. So technically you neither win nor lose anything due to the acquisition (based on what we know now, which isn’t much given its early days).

If the content is made available on roll20 then there would be a natural migration to that platform, I think. Which sounds like a sensible plan, but publishers don’t necessarily worry about sensible :wink:

I’ve filled out the survey and I hope many others do. It’s pretty easy to predict what will be important to people who have already bought content though.