Starfinder 2e Nexus Launch FAQ

Starfinder Nexus is here, and ready to help YOU playtest the next edition of this incredibly stellar roleplaying game!

Here you’ll find answers to many of your questions about the Starfinder Nexus, and how to get started. If you have any questions that you can’t find the answer to here, feel free to ask them in this thread! Thank you for joining us on this Starfinder journey - we’re excited to be your official digital companion!

Starfinder Questions

What is Starfinder Nexus?

Starfinder Nexus is the official digital toolset for Starfinder 2e. It aims to make every part of playing game sessions better, starting with sought-after tools like a game compendium, digital reader, character builder, interactive digital character sheet. The tools will continue to grow and improve throughout the playtest period for the game, and then reach it’s full potential when the game officially launches in 2025.

Is Starfinder Nexus affiliated with Starfinder and Paizo.com?

We are thrilled to share that we are an official partner of Paizo, making Starfinder Nexus the official digital toolset and game companion for Starfinder 2e!

How/Where do I create a Starfinder Nexus account? Is it separate from my Demiplane account?

On Demiplane, you have one account to rule them all! Create a free account to access both Starfinder Nexus and the rest of Demiplane here.

When will I be able to access Starfinder Nexus?

Right now! Hop over to Starfinder NEXUS and get started with digital books, game listings, and character tools.

When does Starfinder Nexus officially launch?

We are officially launched for the playtest, but we’ll be launching the official, full game with our friends at Paizo in 2025.

When can I start preordering the final game?

We’ll support pre-orders for the full game when our partners at Paizo do. Keep an eye out!

Does Starfinder Nexus help with character creation?

YES! We have character creation available right now. We’ll continue to make improvements throughout the playtest, so certainly share your feedback with us!

What can I access for free?

You can access the Starfinder Playtest Rulebook for free, which contains tons of options to get you playing the game.

Does Starfinder Nexus work for both Starfinder 1e and Starfinder 2e?

At this time, Starfinder Nexus supports Starfinder Second Edition.

Does Starfinder Nexus work with Pathfinder Nexus?

Yes! You can turn the content from the other game “on” by going to the “Preferences and Rules” section on the first page of the character builder. There, you can slide the other game’s content ‘on’.

How do I sync my Paizo.com and Starfinder Nexus accounts?

Visit the “Account Settings” option in the top-level Demiplane menu, then select “Sync Accounts” followed by “Paizo Connect.” Follow the instructions in the screen to generate your code and connect your account. If you’ve already done this for Pathfinder, you won’t need to repeat the process.

I already own this book on Paizo.com, do I get a discount for Starfinder Nexus?

Yes, if you own a copy of the PDF for that book. When you connect your Paizo account to Starfinder Nexus, you can get a deep discount for any PDFs you already purchased through Paizo.com. The “digital” access must be unlocked through owning the PDF - hardcover-only purchases do not qualify for the discount.

Why doesn't my Paizo Connect discount appear with preordered content?

The way that Paizo Connect works, we can only connect to what Paizo has “available” in their store API. That being the case, we can’t credit what we can’t see. The Paizo Connect feature usually goes live within 24 hours of a book releasing. If you still don’t see your title within 24 hours of that time, please reach out to our support team: support.demiplane.com

If I buy the digital book through Starfinder Nexus, do I have to buy it again on Paizo.com?

No, you do not! When you buy the digital source through Starfinder Nexus you will automatically unlock access to the PDF from Paizo.com as part of that purchase (unless you already owned the PDF on Paizo.com - in that case, you will receive a discount for the Starfinder Nexus source instead).

General Questions

What is a digital toolset?

A digital toolset is a term we use to describe the comprehensive set of features that you’ll have access to through a Nexus! It includes (but is not limited to):

Digital Reader: Official game books in a web format, for easy reading. Includes cross-linking to find exactly what you need, and tooltips to keep the rules at your fingertips.

Game Compendium: The game rules and options in searchable, filterable listings. Find what you’re looking for when prepping for play or to run games! Plus, in Paizo Nexuses (Pathfinder and Starfinder), all of this content is available FREE!

Character Tools: High quality character tools built specifically for the game. Build characters in a guided format, make customizations to suit the rules of your table, and play directly from the sheet with everything right where you need it.

I'm having trouble logging into my account!

We’ll get that fixed for you ASAP! Reach out to us on support.demiplane.com and we’ll help you get into your account.

Does Demiplane accept international payments?

Yes! You should be able to make purchases from any country.

Can I access Demiplane on mobile or tablet?

Yes! All Nexuses are available to use on desktop, tablet, and mobile browser screens.

Is there an app for Demiplane?

We currently have no plans for a mobile app, and are focused on making our web-app tools better and better.

I already own a physical or digital copy of this book from somewhere else. Why should I buy it through Demiplane?

Great question! In addition to the official book you know and love, the Nexus also includes digital tools that enhance play, global search, an easy-to-navigate digital reader, compendium game element listings, a character builder and interactive character sheets, and a fully-integrated gameplay experience through Demiplane.

For Paizo Nexuses: Plus by connecting your Paizo account with Pathfinder Nexus, you get a significant discount on purchasing books when you already own the PDF through Paizo.com!

Help! I purchased a digital book, but I can't access it. What do I do?

Sorry to hear that! If you’re having trouble accessing your new digital book, please reach out to us directly through our support channel: support.demiplane.com. We will be able to help you gain access to your purchase.

If I delete my Demiplane account, will I still have access to my digital content?

No, if you delete your Demiplane account you will lose access to the digital sourcebooks and your digital toolsets.

Can I get a refund?

Digital items are not returnable or refundable. See our Terms of Sale for the full details on making purchases on Demiplane: Demiplane - Terms of Sale

Where can I provide feedback or ask questions?

The best place to provide feedback or ask questions is here in our Forums! You can also contact our Support team at support.demiplane.com or hang out with us in our Discord: demiplane

How can I keep up to date on new releases?

Excellent question! You can keep up to date by following Demiplane here on our forums, on social media, or by jumping into our Discord community: demiplane Don’t worry - we won’t be shy about sharing updates as soon as we can!

Didn’t find an answer to your question? Go ahead and ask them in this thread!

Thank you, and enjoy your time in the stars!

2 Likes

One thing I need to ask is if there is a roll20 intergration, and how roll20 intergration actually works.

I have a friend who’s getting frustrated at demiplane and roll20 because they are trying to run a starfinder game but roll20 keeps pointing them to use the demiplane tools and it’s running them in circles.

When looking through the forums it says the cosmere stuff is intergrated with roll20 directly, and when looking into that there is no clarification on how really.

So just wonder if this is a feature and if so how does it work?

Hi there!

The Roll20 side has a playset, which are the VTT materials like tokens, maps with dynamic lighting (for plus/pro subscribers), art, and more.

The Demiplane side contains the rules and adventure text.

In the future, these two will be fully integrated. Our development teams are working hard to make that happen, but it’s a large project that will take time.