Tablet Support (IOS or Android)

I also would really appreciate an app for offline use.

Hi, similar want for an app - web mobile has been very sluggish

I can see where an app would be appealing. I personally prefer apps over web browsers. However, when it comes to purchases, Google and Apple take a huge chunk of the profits and I would rather see that money go towards Demiplane so they can continue to grow and add more game systems.

1 Like

They need an app because iphone has bad web app support.

The demiplane site would be much better if they just got rid of the floating top menu. It takes up screen real estate unnecessarily!

They’re working on having a “working system” first, as function dictates a lot of the interface desing. They’re concentrating on the pc web version first as it’s simpler and quicker. Once it’s stable, they said they’d work on the tablet/phone web version.

Otherwise all development would be slower and everything buggier ( take x devs, spread them thin on various interfaces and each parts has less overall man-hour working on them )

I’m tired of hearing this. It’s already stable. It’s a minor tweak to a UI.

We paid money already. That should matter for something. Your comments make me worry that there’s only like one developer there that only shows up to work once a week or something like that…

I do not know how many dev they have on the UI side, but they were working on a complete re-factorizaton of the tool to speed-up everything and make it more functional. They’ve said that multiple times.

Unless you want everything to slow to a crawl, you do not develop multiple UI in parallel when you’re changing stuff up all the time in the back-end, as it means you have to modify those UI all the time to fit those changes. Better do it with ONE, then when it works and do what you want, replicate those functionalities to other UI.

1 Like

Yes, you are probably right about that.

I’m just ranting… :sunglasses:

Well they keep adding more and more systems. How about getting things stable and smooth first?

Just adding myself to the list of folks who would love to see a Demiplane app. It honestly really surprises me that there isn’t one.

I would settle for PWA support - it doesn’t have to be an actual app, and PWAs are not nearly as hard to develop - it’s just a thin wrapper on top of a web page.

In any case, the biggest irritation is not the lack of app, but the fact that EVERY time I visit Demiplane, I have to sign back in, and it doesn’t automatically go to Pathfinder. This slows things down a lot.

1 Like

I’m just going to throw in my .02 here. One of the big reasons I haven’t invested further into this platform is because it does not have an IOS app, and does not support offline viewing well. I really love the webpage like layout demiplane uses, but I prefer to turn off my wifi connection of the tablet so I can concentrate on reading. If I can’t do that with demiplane I will stick to PDFs.

App would be nice please.

Hey, an app for demiplane would be very nice!

1 Like

I would also love an android app.

While the current browser version definately works better than beta, I still get occasional weird formatting issues when I’m trying to use it on my phone ortimes were it refuses to load/loads PAINFULLY slowly.

Add that to the general, admittedly minor, annoyance of having to log back in and navigate back to either the pathfinder books or character builder. The way to common problems of poor/non-existent cellular service, and the ever increasing trend of having to either pay to use “public” wifi or sign up and agree to various forms of usage tracking, email lists, or timed logouts.

I definitely think an app or at the very least an offline version of the web page is a must. I dont mind it being loaded with DRM or requiring daily verification with the internet to continue working, as long as there is SOMETHING.

Please create an app for mobile devices and tablets.