Trying to figure out how I gained an extra spell (and how to remove it)

I’ve created a character, a variation of the pregen level 3 Ezren, in the character builder, and for the most part, everything looks clean to me. However, somehow he has gained access to the spell mystic armor and I can’t figure out why. I’ve chosen School of Battle Magic as my school, and mystic armor is one of the options for a School of Battle Magic curriculum spell, however I selected the other two options (breathe fire and force barrage) as my rank 1 curriculum spells. Nor have I specifically selected mystic armor in the step for my other rank 1 spells. However, in both cases, said selection block is grayed out and the spell is marked “acquired”. I am not sure if this is a glitch or if there is some step that I have missed that granted me free access to mystic armor. If so, I can not figure out what it would be as neither ancestry or background grant spells.

My only theory is that perhaps it is a holdover from when I changed the school from Universal Magic (which is the school selected for the pregen Ezren that I began with) to Battle Magic, and that it was set as the additional 1st rank spell that Unified Magical Theory grants to represent your character’s diverse studies, and for whatever reason, it never cleared when I switched over to the School of Battle Magic?

Anyone have any other ideas on how I could have acquired it? Or if it is indeed a glitch, is there a way that I can remove it (without rebuilding the whole character from scratch)?

Hi there Davelozzi!

I believe Mystic Armor was an additional spell granted to Ezren directly in his spellbook. I believe you should be able to remove it from your character by going to the character sheet → Spellbook → Search Mystic Armor (or scroll to it!) and then click the little trashcan icon.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, go ahead and drop a character link for us here and I’ll do a deeper dig on this!