Under Siege

I’ve wanted to do this one for a while.

I don’t care what system we use for this, or if we even use a system at all. I just want the opportunity to RP it out (and write it) with a fellow roleplayer.

I would prefer one partner for this, as I find it’s generally easier to keep track of things that way.

The basic idea is that this RP will be a story about a group of people holed up in a castle together during a siege. What Hollywood and pop culture often make us forget is that sieges usually lasted for months at a time, and were hardly ever over in a single night. So, the castle would have people from various walks of life all living together during that time.

I have a few characters already thought up, and would be interested to see what sorts of characters you’d add.

As for magic in the setting, I’d prefer that the magic be kept low and mysterious rather than big and flashy. Basically, having a wizard capable of making himself invisible, or causing the weather to change would be fine, but having mages throwing great balls of fire or throwing lightning from their hands not so much (that sort of thing would likely end the siege much quicker).

As mentioned in the title, I do want there to be romance in this RP, specifically for my elf princess character. However, this does not need to be the only romance in the RP. In any case, though, we need to keep to this site’s rules and not get graphic if the characters decide to be intimate (though, the princess will only do that with someone to whom she’s married).

Please message me if you are interested.

A little addendum to this. I’ve been asked about things like post length and such. The truth is, I don’t really care if you give shorter posts or longer posts. What I care about is that you follow the basic rules of improv.

The most basic rule of improv is this: Every response should be a “Yes, and…” a “Yes, but…” a “No, but…” or a “No, and…” Just giving yes or no answers is what causes conversations to go nowhere, and therefore they can prevent the roleplay from moving forward. It’s hard to work with someone when they give a sort of dead-end answer to my conversation prompts.

For example, if my character asks your character, “Do you know how to use a sword?” Then your answer shouldn’t just be, “Yes, I do,” it should be something more like, “So-and-so taught me how to wield one.” Or, one could answer, “No, but I know how to use a bow.” That prompts more conversation and moves things forward.

This can also be accomplished by answering a question with a question.

So, yeah. I don’t get too worked up about post length, but rather the quality of the conversation is what’s important.

If you don’t have a partner in this atm, I’m interested in seeing if we can jibe regarding style etc ohh and time!