V5: Some feedback

First off, I want to say that I greatly appreciate the work done so far. I already own all the PDFs (plus several hardcovers), but I didn’t hesitate to purchase the bundle with the added discount code.

My feedback has to do with certain QoL stuff.

1. Bookmarks! This is the biggest thing missing. I want to be able to add my own bookmarks to different sections. You will never be able to anticipate all the quick references people want, and trying would make the list bloated. Custom bookmarks are, I think, the answer.

2. When I click on the VtM Nexus link, it takes me to the landing page. I already bought everything; you don’t need to keep selling me on it! It’d be nice if this took me straight to my library if I’ve made any purchases.

3. “Game Rules” - Missing Banu Haqim and Setites in the clan list. Beyond that, though, this doesn’t feel like a very “rulesy” section. In fact, it doesn’t even have a link to the chapter called rules. While I will definitely make use of the powers, merits & flaws, backgrounds, and loresheets sections, I’m not sure how commonly players and STs are referencing the clans (which takes up more than half the space). I can personally attest that I almost never crack open p.155 to look at skills and attributes, the “items” section is essentially never used, etc.

This would largely be addressed by #1, but I do think it’s worth looking at what can be added/replaced here. I would like to see the compulsions list, for instance, plus frenzy rules and both simple and advanced combat.

1. When I click on a source I own, the browser page is dominated with mostly empty space letting me “view source” along with a marketing blurb about the book (that I already own). I have to scroll past the fold to see the table of contents. I think it would be better to have the ToC font and center if the book has already been purchased.

2. There are a lot of items that could be linked but aren’t. For instance, every Attribute + Skill pairing has a link to the skill but not to the attribute (e.g. if the pool is Composure + Firearms, Firearms will have a link; Composure will not).

3. This one is the simplest but may actually be the least likely to happen. The V5 Companion introduced errata for blood potency effects. Surge and bane severity are increased by 1 across the board (save for BP 0, which still has a severity of 0. The core book was later updated with this errata; however, when they did so, they only updated the table. The text describing each level of blood potency still has the old values.

The Nexus also uses the old, incorrect values in this location. It would be nice to have this fixed … but I understand if that requires waiting for an official fix of the core book first.

3 Likes

Some good thoughts I agree with.

Another thing I just thought of: When browsing the “powers” section, I think it would make more sense for power level to be the default sort order rather than name.

1 Like

We appreciate the feedback! We plan to make some tweaks that will include things we’ve heard during Early Access. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great list! I hope to see some of these changes :slight_smile:

Add another! I won’t do the annoying thing and claim it should be easy; however:

When I click the magnifying glass to show the search field, it would be great if the field received keyboard focus!