Vampire Nexus - Support Mega-Thread

Thank you. I appreciate you. :slight_smile:

Corebook - Blood Potency Section : Some of the descriptions of the Blood Potency levels do not line up with the table above. For example: The table says you get 2 extra dice for a Blood Surge at level 1, which is correct after the errata came out. The description below says you only add 1 die. (Page 215 and onward in the book)

@6gorehound6 the book in DTRPG has the same mistake, which might be why it’s reproduced here. I’ve heard recently that the copy downloadable from the Renegade copy is fixed, but I’m not buying the book a third time to check :slight_smile:

I have the PDF from Renegade and it’s fixed there

Hi Demiplane team, I brought more feedback

In the:

1. Corebook - “Appendix I: Standard Feats”, “Physical Feats”, “Feats of Strength” the strength table is at the end of the appendix, maybe it would be better to display after the “feats of strength” text, as in the book.

2. Merits & Flaws Listing, in the Thin-Blood Merits, the “Vampiric Resilience” has a spelling mistake, as it is written “YYou suffer damage”

3. Powers Listing, It would be better to display Blood Sorcery Rituals and Oblivion Ceremonies separately from their respective discipline powers. It could be something beneficial even for the future character builder/sheet as they have different mechanics, XP cost, etc

4. Vozhd stat block (in the Companion sourcebook and in the Antagonists Listing) Disciplines, between “Potence 3 Fortitude 3” a comma is missing.

5. Allies Background, in the sentence “You can use the Mortal Template rules to create Allies or Enemies”, could have a tooltipped link for the Mortal Templates in the Corebook (in the Backgrounds section, after the Allies background)

6. Disciplines Primer, the text is populated only with the Corebook, Anarch and Camarilla Powers. The powers from Companion, Sabbat: The Black Hand, Second Inquisition, Chicago By Night and Cults of the Blood Gods don’t show. The only exception is Oblivion.

7. Disciplines Primer, the Blood Sorcery Rituals are missing, the only ones showing are from the Camarilla Sourcebook.

8. Thin-Blood Alchemy (Disciplines Primer and Powers Listing), the team could add the “Counterfeit Discipline” powers (1, 2, 3 and 4). The description of these formulae are in the initial text of the levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the discipline.

9. Predator Types Listing, it would be very helpful if the Corebook predator types have their predator pool in the description, as the team did with the Cults of the Blood Gods predator types.

10. Thin-Blooded Primer, the Powers Sections doesn’t show the Thin-Blood Alchemy powers/formulae.

11. The Corebook is missing its credits

I posted some feedback before on the forum (Aug ‘22), and some things have been fixed and some are still up. I’m gonna update the info.

Corebook

1. Caitiff bane - the Status background tooltip is still missing on the Primer. In the Corebook everything is correct

2. Nosferatu bane - the Repulsive flaw tooltip is still missing on the Primer. In the Corebook everything is correct

3. Haven background (on the compendium and the corebook) the text for the Warding haven merit is repeated before the Hidden Armory merit.

4. Blood Potency section, while the table is correct and updated per the Companion errata, the text is outdated.

5. True Faith section, the dot symbol styling isn’t the same as other parts of the book.

6. “Disciplines” section, “Selecting Powers” sub-section example, the Resilience power tooltip is missing.

7. Loresheets (on the Loresheet primer and in the Corebook) (Ambrus Maropis Lvl 5; Carmelita Neilson Lvl 3; Fiorenza Savona Lvl 3; Descendant of Xaviar Lvl 1), when you gain a XX dot advantage (), the dot symbols are missing inside the parenthesis.

8. “Additional Conflict Options” section, “Maneuvers” subsection example, the Streetwise tooltip is missing.

9. “Block” subsection second example, the Persuasion skill tooltip is missing.

10. “All-Out Attack” subsection example, Brawl and Melee skills tooltips are missing.

11. “Close Combat” and “Grappling” subsections, Brawl skill tooltip is missing.

12. “Appendix II: Projects”, in the first example the dot symbol styling isn’t the same as other parts of the book.

13. “Chronicle Tenets”, the example tenets titles are lined up instead of being with each tenet group.

Vtm Companion

1. The Companion book cover isn’t showing when opened by “view source”.

2. In the Vozhd stat block (on the Companion and the Antagonists Listing) Disciplines, between “Potence 3 Fortitude 3” a comma is missing.

Anarch Sourcebook

1. The Anarch book cover isn’t showing when opened by “view source”.

2. In the source page, “Anarch” is misspelled “Anarach” in the phrase “The Anarach Sourcebook includes”.

3. In The MInistry (On the Clan Primer and in the Anarch Sourcebook clan page), the “Ministry Archetypes” and “Disciplines” headers are in the same line, while they should be in their respective categories.

Camarilla Sourcebook

1. In the Pure Ventrue Lineage Loresheet (on the Camarilla sourcebook and in the Loresheet primer), lvl 4 “Legendary Lineage” it would display better if it had some space/division between the 3 “Lines” as in the book.

Game Compendium

It would be very useful to have:

1. In the Predator Types listing, each Predator Pool assigned to each Predator Type.

2. A Coterie Types listing in the Compendium.

3. The Domain trait (Chasse, Lien e Portillon) in the Compendium.

4. The Sample Weapons and Armor (in the Advanced ­Conflict: ­Physical Combat section) added in the Items Listings.

Thanks for the addition of Szlachta and Vozhd to the Antagonists Listing and the Corebook Clan Compulsions in the Clan Primers.

Thanks to all the team!

1 Like

Thank you for this! I’ll make sure this all gets passed along. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are missing the rituals that aren’t coming from the Camarilla Book and I think one or two power alternative.

We’ll take a look at this, thanks! :slight_smile:

What happened to the V5 Companion? It’s gone from my sources.

The Vampire: The Masquerade Companion has been removed from the game (and Vampire NEXUS) per the World of Darkness team - all of the content has been updated and is included in other (newer) sources.

Hm, that’s a shame. I found the Player’s Guide a pretty disappointing supplement (I regret buying my physical copy), so it’s a bummer to have to pay for something I don’t to get back material I already had for free. Being free, it was also a good demo for the Nexus for users on the fence (like myself, at first).

I understand that your hands are probably tied; I’m just offering some feedback in case the WoD team ever listens to you guys :slight_smile:

Resonance and thin-blood discipline mechanics.
In the game, thin-bloods get a temporary discipline when feeding. I see no way to reflect/update this. It is something that will change almost constantly throughout a Chronicle.

Also, no clear spot to display the second bane for twice cursed.

1 Like

I said the same thing!! As a fellow thin-blood fan, I am worried they’re easy to overlook. Here’s hoping we eventually get a way to add temporary disciplines and powers (for fleeting and intense temperaments)

EDIT: The solution I’m using right now is not elegant. I have to add the discipline and desired powers every time, and… just hope my thin-blood’s resonance doesn’t change too often ><

You added notes!! :smiley:

I thought we’d shared this previously on the forums, but I may be mistaken: We wanted to make sure we hit it out of the park for full-blood vampires with the character tools initially. We plan to add full support for thin-bloods and ghouls. We have a few other things on our to-do list before we can shift our focus to that, but it’s on the roadmap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The roadside killer predator type seems to be missing from the character creator. I am not very experienced in this game, so i dont know if there is a reason it is missing. But, referring to other sources, it seems to be the only one missing (and the one that i really want to use…)

(sorry if this is not the correct place to put this, i did a lot of googling and couldnt find anything else about this)

Let The Streets Run Red, the book that Roadside Killer is from, is in our backlog of previously published Vampire books that we still need to add to the NEXUS. Once it’s added, that option will be available.

We work through our backlog as we have bandwidth between other projects, so I’m hopeful we’ll be able to work through it before too much longer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lets say I make a 12th generation Neonate vampire, on paper they should be blood potency 2. However, I am having a hard time figuring out how to reflect blood potency 2 on the character builder without throwing off the xp totals. Any ideas?

You can override blood potency, or anything else for that matter, by hitting the little settings icon on the character sheet. It won’t affect your experience total, and a little blue dot will be displayed next to that stat to show it’s been edited. You can revert back from any manual changes you made by hitting reset.

I don’t know if this fully answers your question, but you should be able to use this as a solution whenever you need to make a change to your character sheet independent of experience usage!

It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out the directions, but I finally got it. Key word to focus on is “character sheet.”

1 Like