Werewolf Issues

I personally dislike how the werewolf origin is written up but currently there’s issues on Demiplane when trying to make one. I apologize now for how tedious this is.

When selecting the origin, it requires the Origin powers to be selected before any other power pick.
However for the werewolf origin, the powers are only temporary (like the rank up) and shouldn’t be using their own regular power picks for them, unlike with the other origins.

Currently players can get around the forced power picks by granting extra powers

But for the 5 extra ability scores during the temporary rank up, there’s currently no way to increase the ability score cap to account for the temporary rank up if one was so inclined to spend it that way. I don’t really know how this would have a fix unless there might be a werewolf form toggle in future or the cap gets changed with the origin.

Bleh werewolves are the worst.

You’re quite right about when those powers are granted. Werewolf is definitely a complex one! However, it does indeed prevent you from choosing other powers unless you have a secondary origin, so you’ll remain locked out of other powers unless you have another (like special training)

We’ll take a look at how we’re setting this up currently to try and improve the experience for werewolf characters. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thanks Mellie!

I had forgotten to mention that I used extraordinary origin trait to get Monstrous Werewolf origin and I had picked mutant or something as first origin.

1 Like